Chapter Sixteen-His Voice, His Growl, His Eyes, and His Words.

I wrote this in my EIGHT HOUR car trip so I hope it's long. Enjoy!

Faith's POV

It was Alpha Reagan, again, but with earmuffs on. And they're pink!

My wolf leaps for joy when he walks in but my hatred only grows.

My hand flies to cover my mouth, trying to stifle a laugh. Looking over at Sky I notice she's trying to contain herself as well.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

His voice has my heart skipping a beat and my wolf purring. Mentally, I scold her and remind her of his stupid rejection.

"Then why are we laughing?" Sky questions as she gestured to our obviously amused faces. She arches an eyebrow at him and he growls.

His growl sends shivers through me and make me want to forget the rejection. But that pain could never be forgotten.

The sound of metal rubbing against concrete fills the room as Alpha Reagan, or as I used to know him, Charlie, opens the cell door.

Charles K. Reagan.

Charles storms inside the cell and huffs at Skyler. He glances at me, looking up and down, then back at Skyler. When he glanced I couldn't help but look into his eyes. His look is hard and hides any emotion (besides anger) to the imagination.

His eyes make me want to melt in his arms and let him take me away to who knows where. But as long as I'm sane, I won't do that.

He jabs a finger at my best friend and scowls, "Who are you to talk to me like you just did? You're in a stinkin' cell with an Alpha! I could kill you in half a second! Do not underestimate me. "

His words make anger boil up inside me and want to tear his heart out of his chest and force him to watch me squeeze it till it's nothing but dust.

A loud growl erupts in the room and it takes me a second to realize it came from me. Slowly gaining confidence, I stomp up to Charles and got right in his face.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO HER LIKE THAT CHARLES! YOU'RE NOT ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING BUT MAKING ME ANGRY! AND YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO TO YOU IF YOU UPSET ME ANY MORE, YA DUMBA-"

"WHOA Faith!" Skyler slaps a hand over my mouth. "I don't think cursing is needed."

I nod and shake her hand her hand off. I smirk at Charles' face as he shows absolute fear and his face has gone pale.

Sky glances between me and him for a few seconds before clearing her throat, breaking the silence. She licks her lips and sighs, "So...What's with all the pink? Like really, Faith when you said the cells here are not like the ones at home you really meant it."

I snort and Sky chuckles.

When Charles doesn't answer at first I poke his arm with a smile on my face. He flinches and pulls back. "Wha-what?" He stutters, politely looking at Sky.

Sky chuckles and rolls her eyes, "I said, 'What's with the pink?'" She looks around the room to indicate the point.

The tall man's eye brows furrow, "You're girls."

I give out a short laugh in disbelief, "So?"

He shrugs, "So you like pink."

Skyler and I's growls mix as we glare at Charlie. We hate pink.
Some sort of unmanly, high pitched, squeal comes from Reagan. He shields his handsome face with his hands.

"Why the frig would you assume that!?" Skyler spits. She growls again and I nod, agreeing.

Reagan smiles sheepishly, "I'm sorry! That's what my wife said! I didn't kno-"

My body suddenly feels ice cold but my cheeks feel like they're on fire. My wolf whimpers at his sixth word.
My eyes lock on Skyler's and she yanks me into a hug.

"Oh my Goddess you've gone cold." Skyler does her best to calm me down as I just stand there, like in shock.

I feel Reagan's eyes staring into the back of my head, "What's wrong? Why is she like that?"

Fear and worry was clear in his voice. Skyler pulls away and tries to blink back the tears for my sake. She smiles at me, trying to cheer me up. But then her gaze slides to my ex-mate.

She pushes me behind her and she growls threateningly. "What the heck do you think?!"

Seeing as she's a little taller than me I stand on my toes and look over her shoulder. Charlie's eyes are filled with confusion, and his eyebrows are furrowed. A small smile slides into my face, he looks so cute confused.

He locks eyes with me and they fill with realization. He groans in frustration and puts his head in his hands.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking." He explained angrily. His muscles were showing in his arms, making my hands crave to run over them and calm him down.

Before I can process what I'm thinking words tumble from my mouth, "Y-you're married?"

He nods while locking his eyes with mine. They showed sadness, regret, and anger.

"It's not really love, ya know?" He scratches the back of his neck while explaining. "I just needed a Luna so, I took my best known woman and named her Luna. I didn't know I had to marry the woman. She's kinda crazy and creeps me out." He chuckles and I almost melt at the sound.

Sky notices and nudges me, 'Girl, what are you thinking?'

I shrug and giggle. Charles glances at Sky and then at me. Realizing we were mind linking, he sighed.

"Well, if it pleases you, I'd like to take you out now. This cell isn't exactly homey."

I almost laugh when Sky and I happen to raise an eyebrow at him at the exact same time.

He smiles and nods, "I don't think that you girls will attack anyone or anything. Or at least I hope not. And my wolf can't stand having you down here." He smiles at me after the last sentence.

I shrug, pretending not to care, while my heart does flips and my wolf yips in joy. Sky walks out and I follow close behind her. Reagan walks behind me and closes the cell door.

Skyler's POV

This place kinda creeps me out, if I'm honest. But, for Faith's sake, I shake it off. I can't help but think of my family right now. Especially my sister, she's a lot of work and mom's been having trouble calming her. Which is why I go to Faith's house more so mom doesn't have to worry about me.
Speaking of Faith, she's been really brave to not break down crying or start attacking this buff guy. I've seen other rejected wolves do this so I was ready for Faith to do the same. But she's different. Definitely different.

But something kept popping up in the back of my mind. She had yelled, "YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO TO YOU IF YOU UPSET ME ANY MORE"
What does that mean? Can she do something to an Alpha that he can't protect himself from?

I'm torn away from my thoughts when I hear a slight slap echo through the hallway. Then a gasp. I spin around and see Faith glaring at Reagan who has a proud smirk on his face.

Faith slapped his arm and he pulled away, playful pretending to be hurt.
"Keep your hands to yourself, mutt."

I laugh at her words and realize what happened. I roll my eyes and hook Faith's arm in mine. I tug her down the creepy stone hallway with Alpha Reagan chuckling behind us.
-----------
I have two major twists coming up, you guys won't be prepared. Make sure you're reading both of my books, okay!? GOOD!
Enjoy my bubbles!
-Ray
*LTL