Chapter ten: Confronting

Y/n POV:

Me and Loki have been courting for four months now. He started to open up to me, but not too much and I understand. Even though our relationship is strong and perfect, we still did not say the L word yet. Let's say my reason is that I was not sure, and it was my first time being with someone. I did not want to rush anything, and I wanted to be one hundred percent sure when I say it.

I was done cleaning Loki's chambers, and when I was about to leave, he came in. He looked at me and said "Leaving already?"

"Yes, my prince. Do you require anything from me?" I said mockingly. He just looked at me and smirked. I knew what he was thinking and I immediately said "No, don't even think about it".

"What?" he said while pretending to be innocent.

"You know what mister." I said as I passed him trying to leave. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me into a kiss. I kissed him back and melted into the kiss. I pulled away, looked at his eyes, and said "Loki I have work to do"

Loki looked down at me and said "You know you are my personal servant, not the palace servant"

I sighted, looked down to the grown, and said "I know but I had an agreement with your mother, to help the others when you do not need me"

"But I do need you" he said joking

I shook my head laughing and said "Loki, not like that"

He sighted and lifted my head with his finger under my chin, so I could meet his eyes. He then said "I just miss you darling, you have been working a lot lately" he paused then continued "I feel like you are trying to find any opportunity to avoid me"

"Hey don't say that" I said immediately "If I could I would spend every second with you. Don't you ever think like that"

He nodded then said "Can you just lay in bed with me for a few minutes"

I looked at him for a couple of seconds then said "five minutes, that's it. Then I have to work"

His smile grew bigger, and he immediately picked me up. I giggled at his action and I put my legs around his waist. He started to kiss me passionately while leading us to the bed. He broke the kiss and laid me so gently on the bed afraid that I might break. He then laid on top of me hugging me tight. His head was on my chest, so I started to play with his long raven black hair. He looked up at me and said "Can we stay like this forever" it was quite for a minute

"Loki... I" I said but stopped myself, he looked at me waiting for me to continue. I just shook my head no and said "Nothing" I kissed the top of his head and continued to play with his hair. Why did I not say it? That was the perfect moment to say it. Was it? Am I really sure that I love him? One hundred percent sure? I asked myself. I know for sure that I wanted him, and only him. I could not imagine myself with another person. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But what was stopping me from saying these words?

While we were enjoying each other's company, we heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" Loki said annoyed

"Your highness, sorry to disturb you but your brother requires you" a guard said from outside.

Loki sighed then said "Tell him I will be there in a few minutes". When the guard left, Loki looked up to me with sad eyes and said "I have to go darling"

I nodded and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I have to go as well" I said while getting out of his bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------