thelasttask

pov of daisy diggory

Bryan and I were seated with my father in the stands. Cedric hadn't yet been announced, but was about to. Bryan could tell I wasn't feeling my best, "Daisy are you alright?" he asks.

"Yes of course," I reassure him, not really in the mood to speak of my feelings. Men will never understand.

The air was crisp and cold like an early morning, except it was the evening, and June (which it should not be this cold).

It reminded me of Cedric's last task, and even the one before. The day of each task has always been gloomy. I laugh- it's probably some spell to scare the contestants.

My brain diverts from the competition when I see Draco. He's here again? I stare at his every move as he takes a seat next to his father on the opposite side of the stands. Suddenly, Bryan grabs my face and turns it towards him.

"Is he why you're in such a glum mood?" he asks. No would be the truthful answer, but if I say it is, he'll probably stop bothering me about it.

"Yep! You've got me," I strangely respond. Bryan rolls his eyes.

"C'mon Daisy, you know he's not worth it. Besides, you've got me," he smiles. If that was supposed to be his hint that says: pick me! choose me! it was obvious.

I ignore his comment and focus back to the arena. Finally, Cedric is announced. The loudspeaker was muffled, so I couldn't understand a word that it said.

Cedric and I made locked eyes, and he gave me a strange look as if saying, Daisy help me. At first it seemed as if he was joking, but the stern look on his face failed to fade. He was being serious. Cedric was in trouble.

The feeling shoots through my veins, up to my head, making me uneasy.

Within seconds, everything was black. I had fainted.

...

pov of draco malfoy

Coming to final task was a personal choice. I didn't really want to be there, but all of my friends decided it would be a good idea.

I used to cheer for Cedric, but now that Daisy's out of the picture, I stay silent.

I knew Daisy would be in the stands with her father and that filthy friend of her's, Bryan.

Bryan was Barry's son, except no one knew that besides some death eaters and him. Barty always tried to take advantage of him like how my father does with me, but Bryan stayed so distant from him growing up, it was almost impossible.

Not to mention Barty is not the wisest of the bunch.

I don't know why I despise Bryan so much. Maybe it's the way he acts, or isn't loyal to his father, but deep down I know it's because he's with Daisy- or at least it seems like it.

Even before I left Daisy, Bryan was always with her. It aggravated me, always, but I never showed that to Daisy.

I keep replaying Daisy's expression from our encounter earlier today. The shock on her face when she saw mine. The way her eyes softened when I shuddered. Her stare on my back as I stormed away.

The truth was I missed her, everything about her. But honestly, my choices were her or my family, and I have to be loyal to my father and our family name.

But her face, her smile, her hair, her lips. I ached to be with her once more.

My mum had joined me and the rest of my friends in the far left of the stands.

"This tournament will be a bore, Potters practically already won," Pansy scoffs, sinking further into her seat.

"Diddo," Blaise snarled. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Daisy looking my way.

"That filthy red head still likes you?" Pansy laughs, noticing her as well. "You two were done for the moment you started dating."

My mother shifts her gaze to my face as if telling me to respond.

"Don't speak of her that way," I murmur, annoyed with the whole situation. I hated when my mum pressured me into things.

Blaise almost loses his shit. "Don't tell me you still like the dreaded girl?!" he scoffs. Of course, of all people, he makes a comment. He dated her after all.

"You heard what I said," I firmly say, rising from my seat. My mum grabs my wrist and pulls me back down.

"That wasn't necessary," she loving stares up at me. I look back to where Daisy was standing, and just barely see her pass out cold.

I sit straight up, keeping my focus directly towards her, not even realizing the task was about to begin. Not many people seemed to notice Daisy's faint other than Bryan, her father, and clearly myself.

"That girl that just passed out, was it Daisy?" my mum softly whispers in my direction.

"I know what's wrong, she's told me about it before. I can help." Before thinking twice, I stand from my seat and hastily make my way through the crowd to the other side of the stands.

I push and shove through group of people, young and old, happy and grumpy, students and alumni's.

Once I've reached the other side, Daisy's face was stone cold. Her condition wasn't critical, but only exactly how she described it to me in the past.

Daisy had been receiving messages from Barty before we broke up. She told me they would usually occur in her sleep, but on one occasion, she passed out during one. She described her skin as cold and pale when she woke up, and strange feeling pulsating through her.

Everything seemed to make sense, Barty must have an urgent message.

Bryan and Mr. Diggory give me the strangest looks as I approach them. "I know I've been a dick but I know what's going on. Please let me help."

The two men contemplate for a moment, looking to each other than to Daisy. Finally, they step aside, and I know exactly what to do to have her awake in well in seconds.