"This is the gator that attacked Kate. How did it get through those pipes?" Sarah asked.

"Well, grown mice can flatten themselves down to half an inch to get under doorways. They must've evolved," Ethan guessed.

"You evolved. Aww. Daddy's so proud." Rory hugged the cabinet as we heard another growl.

~~~

"A large, scaly creature was spotted lurking outside a Hunter Hills home two nights ago. Police warn if anyone spots it-"

"Erica?" Benny asked when we heard the door slam.

"What happened to you?" I questioned.

"You guys are the ones with your finger on all that's weird around here, you tell me," Erica snapped. "I was driving the freshmen through the car wash in the back of my Dad's pickup-"

"You drove them through a car wash?" Sarah questioned.

"Well, after she made them all roll around in manure, someone had to hose them off," Ethan shrugged as Sarah gawked.

"Right?" Erica agreed. "And then something huge and scaly jumped out of the pipes and attacked me!"

"Hey, hey, is this a dig on Sheila Botner? She's actually a really nice girl who just happens to have a minor skin condition," Benny questioned.

"No!" Erica scoffed. "It was some kind of mutant alligator thing, and it came out biting. Now I know how my food feels, and I don't like it."

"Are the girls okay?" Sarah asked.

"They're fine. My new leather jacket is trashed though," Erica motioned to the jacket.

"Hey, guys. Looks like they found Thor's buddy." Ethan looked at the TV.

"This just in! The two hundred and fifty-pound gator was captured at a local pool after a close encounter with a mother and her toddler. The rampageous reptile was heavily sedated and sent to a local zoo for testing. Local officials say all city pools are now considered safe and gator-free."

"Well, that's both my little guys. It's all over!" Rory said with a smile. "Who wants pretzels?"

"That's not the one that attacked me. The one that I saw was bigger than that," Erica said.

"That means Thor didn't have a buddy." My eyes widened.

"He had a special lady! They're breeding! And if Erica's right, them babies ain't pretty," Benny finished.

"Yes! I'm a matchmaker!" Rory said in victory.

"We're talking about an entire different species. One capable of incredible strength, of growing to who knows what size. The possibilities are endless," Ethan stated.

"And thanks to the dork squad, they're loose in our city's sewer system!" Sarah glared at Rory.

Sarah's phone went off, and she picked it up. "Erica, are you calling me?"

Erica put her hands on her sides. "No," she sighed. "Darn it! That swamp thing must've taken my new phone when it tried to bite my arm off. I just got that phone!"

"Let me guess, you got it while you were trying to bite somebody else's arm?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah. It's a 6G!" Erica said.

"Erica, you need to stop stealing from your dinner guests, okay? You're gonna draw too much attention to yourself!" Sarah yelled.

"Fine, okay. They're just souvenirs," Erica tried to reason.