🄴🅁🅁🄾🅁 🄲🄾🄳🄴: 50

After getting dressed up in the selected outfit, I examined myself in the bathroom mirror.

'Looking on point..!-- as much as I can be--'

With that, I snagged Tom's hoodie I placed aside and brought it with me. I then start heading to the lounge in search for my dad. 

As soon as my eyes scanned the room a bit, I found him pacing the room.

"Hey- uhh.. dad!" I say to him, announcing my presents to him.

He turns his attention to me, holding a clipboard in hand.
"Oh, hello Y/N." He smiles, "Need something?"

"Are you able to drop me off at Tom's house?" I asked him, "We have something planned today and I pretty much need to be there soon."

Suddenly, my dad's expression seemed to sadden a bit.
"..sorry Y/N, but I have to get this finished."

"Oh... okay, that's fine then."

"--but, your mother can drop you there." Dad says to me, "I'm pretty sure she just finished up her work for today. I'm sure she'll drop you there if you tell her the directions up front."

I was a little hesitant at first. Honestly- I didn't want to be in the same car as mum... But, it was one of my only chances to get to Tom's...

I thought for a moment.

"..where is she?" I question.

"I'm here" I heard my mother's voice call out from the kitchen.

She then slowly comes out. I instantly noticed the state she was in... Her posture looked like she was trying to be regal and dignified, but I could tell she was tired. Her hair was placed in a low messy bun and her skin was a little drained of color. There didn't seem to be any dark circles under her eyes, but I could easily see the foundation in the glowing light.

"I've already got the keys, let's get going." She then starts making her way out of the house.

Once she walked passed me, I could tell she was in a bad mood.

Whatever the reason was... I didn't dare question it. I knew things would be a lot more troubling if I did.

So I did as she said and went outside.

When the two of us got outside, I walked over to the gate as per usual and unlocked it. I waited for the car to pull out and closed the gate once it did.

I hopped into the free vacant seat up front, the two of us driving off into the direction I pointed out first to her.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Silence.

A familiar sound that usually happens when it's just me and my mum in the same room... or place.

I only occasionally spoke to tell her directions to the house, but only brief mentions of left, right or straight ahead. Neither of us spoke to the other besides from simple direction giving. My mum was focused on the road.

The drive really was an awkward one.

But, mother decided to speak out on her own accord.

"...So, you're visiting a friend?"

"..yeah."

I can already see where this conversation is going...

"Who is it?"