CHAPTER NINE : A BROKEN RECORD

ONE DAY AFTER AXOL'S FUNERAL : INKOPOLIS SQUARE

THIRD POV

It was sunny today. Ax0l didn't really care about that though, he was more concerned about why he was drawn to this cesspool of a city. The air is thick with the smell of paint and the people are all racist assholes. And to worsen his day, they all hate anime. Anime... why did he think that? Was that something he liked? He didn't know. Ax0l dropped from the roof he stood on, his cape swishing as he fell. He landed on the ground with a thud, catching himself with a superhero landing. He hated missing his right arm. He can at least remember being right handed, which on its own was crippling enough but the fact that he also had to use his secondary hand and micromanage his cape to stop anyone from seeing his scares was a downright pain. He passed through the crowd with ease, making sure he was completely inconspicuous, not realising his horns were a dead giveaway in the process. While walking through the crowd, he saw a human girl. A human, something that was an incredibly rare sight in inkopolis. She looked familiar somehow, the fact that she had a look of dread when seeing Ax0l's horns put him on high alert. Upon inspecting the human, he could draw some similarities between her and one of the other figures in his dream. Three pieces of headgear, a white and bland shirt, dark coloured boots, and long styled hair.
Still suspicious about the convenience of their similarities, Ax0l retreated into an alleyway. He decided that following her was a good idea, but his horns would give him away. Making a hard decision, Ax0l swiped his left hand in a slashing movement as a clank could be heard. Ax0l didn't feel any pain, as if the horns weren't even a part of him. To avoid loosing anymore time, he searched for the girl. He came across a street with what seemed to be a memorial. The picture was an octoling with fuchsia tentacles, the face rang bells in his head but nothing came to mind. He concluded that he had known this girl before her death had occurred. Interested, he stalked through the alleyway towards the memorial. He stepped across a dumpster and accidentally hit it. "Who's there?" A voice called out. Ax0l dove to the wall closest to him and stopped breathing. After a few seconds he heard footsteps away from him.
Curious on who it was, he turned the corner to look at who he had almost alerted to find the same girl from before. Something was definitely up about this girl. Ax0l decided that following her would be a wise choice.
The girl had arrived at a bus stop. Ax0l being the smart person he is, decided to stand on the opposite side of the street to see if she would react. He was rewarded for his genius. The girl was stunned to say the least, having seen a figure appear and disappearing seconds after wasn't exactly very ordinary. Once the bus arrived, the girl scrambled on. Ax0l took his chance and leaped onto the bus and dug his fingers into the metal, the bus made groaning sound and began moving.
When they arrived at the stop, Ax0l decided that now was the time. When the girl approached the door to an apartment that gave him sense of familiarity, he deliberately took loud footsteps to gain her attention. When she turned around, her face twisted into one of horror. There was an awkward silence that followed, that was before he received a question that confirmed his suspicions. "A-Axol?" She asked, her voice laced with fear and confusion. Deciding he had found what he needed, Ax0l jumped away when she closed her eyes. Landing on the building next to the one she planned on entering, Ax0l had only two words echo in his head. SHE KNOWS. The words played like a broken record in his head as he recalled all of today's events...

HERE IS YOUR CONTEXT, DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT TO YOU AGAIN! REMEBER! REALITY IS AN ILLUSION THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM BUY GOLD BYEEEEE!