Love is Impossible

He stood there. Teethed barred, ready to tear apart her neck. She was cute. About 16 years of age. Strawberry blonde hair and peircing blue eyes. He knew what she was and she knew what he was. She was a vampire and him a werewolf. He couldn't understand why she never faught back. Though he never questioned her...she seemed to understand why he was supposed to kill her. They were in love and to their families, it was illegally dangerous.

*~*~*~*

My names McKenna. My friends usually call my Kenzy. I'm 16 and was raised in a small town. The day of my 14th birthday, I found myself in a mosh pit with 7 vampires. All guys. They all wanted to kill me but one of them put a stop to it. His names was Canton. He had shaggy dark blood red hair with bright orange eyes. I had never seen something so beautiful. He said they needed a female with their gang and well...here I am.

* the gang of Vampire sat in their usual places in our 2 story Victorian. It was a slightly gothic house thanks to us being Vampires and all. There's was only 6 of us now. I know, there were 8. But Chisel and Grugg died in a Vampire battle somewhere in Daytona. So Canton sat on the window. He was 16, had short black hair and green eyes. Octavious was in a beanbag chair playing Xbox. He was 17 with cropped brown hair and hazel eyes. He was accompanied by Jeremiah. He was Puerto rican, 17, had black hair, peircings and was absolutly stunning. Sterling was the youngest. He was 11, long brown hair and brown eyes. Harvey and Larry are twins. 18, same brown hair and green eyes. I was the last.

*~*~*

Canton stood on the edge of the Bridge. He had spotted a few deer a few minutes before we got here. I tried to keep my nose from smelling the horrid scent that filled the air. The scent was coming from the morge. Precious blood that was still in use, being thrown into flames and falling along into the ash. I stood there with Octavious. He stayed back and let the other 4 mounge on dinner. I usually stayed with him during these times. I had nicknamed him Taz one time when we were hunting; he spun out of control, so thirsty for blood; kind of like the looney tunes character. Lol. He was my bestfriend and he always had my back. Sterling had already torn apart a deer and was sucking the blood furiously. Harvey and Larry never ate with us, it's like they were barely family.

It began to get chilly so I decided to take a walk. Taz wanted to accompony me but I said I was fine by myself. I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere because now I forgot the path I had taken. I was standing in a park somewhere, I believe East of where I had started. I hadn't realized where I was because we never really took a new destination for eating. We were usually out during the days at school and stuff, but we never adventured out of territory. That's where the werewolves are. . . .

*~*~*~*

I was standing in the forest opening when a low growl purred behind me.

I quickly turned around to see a huge black and Red wolf, about 7 feet off the ground. I had to admit to myself that I was a little frightened by this beast. But there was NO way he would see my fear. I stood there in front of him as he changed into his human form. As soon as he was decent enough to look at, I realized I knew this guy from somewhere. His name was Detroit Santiago. He went to the same school but since he lived up East & I was from the west, we were in different buildings.

I guessed he noticed me too, because he ran over to me & grabbed me by the arms.

"What the Hell are you doing here McKenna??"

"Was just going for a walk, Detroit! Step off my case!"

" I'm not on your case!! But you know if any other one of US was to be caught talking to each other....how would we manage that? We'd BOTH be in way too much trouble!"

"Do you think we could have at least ONE conversation where you're NOT yelling at me?!"

"I'm not trying to yell, Kenz. But this is dangerous!"

"I know!! I know. . . .I've heard this a million times, Detroit! I can't hide the fact that I'm in love with a werewolf from my family ANY more. . . .it's harder for me than you think"

"Do you think its easy for me? My pack expects me to marry some newborn puppy who isn't even trained! I want SO bad to just tell everyone about us... I really do! But, its just way too risky right now. Okay?"

"Yeah. I guess." I said as he gripped onto me & kissed me so powerfully I thought my heart was going to be arrested for going past its speed limit! He was mine. . . .but I had to find a way to convince him to let people know. I couldn't keep this secret any longer.

*~*~*~*~*