13

<Aye check out the authors note.>

His arms are like the walls protecting her castle from being destroyed. But what she didn't know was that he was the one she should look out for.

~~~

I could feel the weight of something on my stomach. What was on me? A pillow? Then the distant memories of last night's nightmare comes seeping in. Harry slept with me all last night. It was weird having his head on my stomach, and I don't ever remember him lying on top of me. Last time I remember he despised me, and now he was all cuddly with me. I know he was just sleeping here because I got scared last night, but I can't help but feel comfortable with him around me. I shift slightly underneath him and his eyes flutter open. He looks drowsy like a child, and it was adorable.

"Morning." Harry says in his deep morning voice. He gets off of me and sits up on the couch. "Did you sleep okay after the nightmare?" Harry asks. I did sleep well after he came and stayed with me.

"I did. Thank you for staying with me, I bet you don't do that often." I say to Harry. I didn't know how cranky he would be in the morning yet.

"I don't sleep with girls. Ever." I always knew Harry was like this. I knew it right when I met him, that he was someone who didn't want any complications in his life. Maybe I could just change him, and make him different, then leave.

"Except me of course." I was laughing. Laughing in the morning. I haven't done that since I was a child and didn't understand what was going on. Thankfully, Harry didn't take me seriously and was laughing too.

"Of course, I'll always sleep with you. Every night." I could imagine a time in my life where the man I love will hold me and tell me "It'll all be okay, you're in my arms now."

"Of course." Is all I say back while I daydream about my future love life. It's weird how there's someone out there in the world right now that will be yours, and only yours all day. That person could be thousands of miles away, or even just down the street. You would never know and that made me happy. "What time do you have to leave?" I didn't like the idea of being all alone, but it also can't be that bad.

"I have about an hour. You'll be okay alone right?" Harry asks smirking. He was treating me like a child, and I couldn't help but smile along.

"I'll be fine. In your apartment." I wouldn't burn the place down, or make it messy. I would probably just sit around, or maybe look for jobs on my laptop.

"Do me a favor and don't burn the place down." Harry says before exciting the kitchen to go get ready. I put my mug of coffee in the sink and wash it. I needed to get a job and soon, so I could move into my own apartment and buy a car. I wasn't going to live in Harry's apartment forever, I couldn't.

Harry comes back out dressed fully in black and leaves with one last goodbye. I grab my laptop from my bag and start looking for jobs.

~~~

The week went by quickly and before I knew it was already Friday. I was going to meet with Mr. Lance tonight. I couldn't wait to start school again on Monday. I haven't been in an actual learning establishment since high school, and I didn't know where I would start. A lesson that I've learned is to just never give up, anything is worth fighting for. We've all got battle scars. I had finally got a job at a local bookstore right on the college campus. Of course I wouldn't be making big bucks, but it would do for now, and I could read all day. I'm hoping that by my junior year I will be able to get an internship at a publishing office, it's what I've always wanted to start with. After the mediocre job of course.