(25) SECOND HOME

Suddenly Nora's mind went uphill as out of nowhere she remembered something. Her emotions were again ready to bottled down.

She patiently waited for others to arrive. When they all did, then she started her dinner.

She was just half finished when she saw William already finished and ready to head out. Without thinking, she yelled.

"William!"

He paused immediately. Joshua and Lana felt like something was restraining them from breathing.

"I want to ask something." She swallowed hard.

"What is it?" He asked.

"It is 9th of August coming in three days. Mamma's birthday---" The clinking of the utensils and the small talk of everyone stopped.

"I-I want to visit her g-grave." She completed her sentence.

William stared at her face with a unfazed look and then finally answered.

"Ok." Nora wasn't able to believe her ears.

"What do you mean by ok?" Damon asked confused but mostly sounding angry.

"I permitted her." William said before giving Nora his full attention again.

"Pack your stuff for two days trip." William told her.

"Lucifer will accompany you!"

"Why the hell I will?" Lucifer growled.

"You were going to LA for work purposes. Take her with you. It's not that hard! I don't want to hear any argument." William told him and walked out.

"Fuck!" Lucifer cursed and stormed out but not before slamming the door shut.

Nora awkwardly sat back down to finish her food and then hurriedly took her leave out of there.

She packed her necessary stuff in a small suitcase and got ready for bed.

The next morning as the first ray of sunshine fell on her, she woke up with a smile and hurried to shower.
She made her way downstairs to cook breakfast like yesterday. Today she set up the bacon, fried eggs, sausage, toast and cheese sandwich with simple tea.

She was satisfied with her cooking. With a hope in her eyes, she made her way towards the dining hall. There was only Damon and Angel as usual. A while later, Joshua entered inside. Alexander and Lana were the next to enter. William was gone for some work, she was aware.

But she felt sad seeing that the others also didn't come.

After finishing up, she made her way back towards her room. Two hours later, a guard came in to inform her that it was time to go.

Nora smiled politely at him and nodded. He picked her suitcase for her and started to walk outside. Nora followed silently behind him after giving a short glance around her room.

Lucifer met her in the car without saying a word. Damon was the only one who came to see her off outside the mansion.

The car drove towards the airport and a little away from the public planes. It stopped near her family's private jet.

Nora followed Lucifer silently inside the jet and sat down on one of the sofa with a tv screen in front.

Lucifer moved on the other side and from the corner of her eye, she watched as he was talking to the guards in a foreign language but it didn't sounded like Italian this time.

Soon they were ready to take off and Nora immediately followed the instructions of the pilot by fastening her seatbelt. She smiled slightly when she thought about it for a second.

Here I come my second home!