👑Your Majesty👑

ابدأ من البداية

...

'Wait a minute... a coping mechanism?'

Your heart started pounding inside your chest before you stood up from your seat abruptly and went for the door.

You encountered Jean who was already there, looking troubled and restless.

"Your Highness..." Jean's expression told you everything you need to know.

How could you be so blind?

Your mind flashed back to the scene in the King's room yesterday.

Lucifer was wearing his unreadable masks.

He was standing tall despite having his hands trembling in fear.

He raised his voice accidentally out of fear.

He never shed tears while his brothers all cried.

He never shed tears.

Lucifer was hiding himself again.

"His Highness never left his study at all yesterday. He didn't sleep and he hasn't eaten anything. And he kept me out of his study today too. I'm very worried, Your Highness."

"Do you have the key to his study?" you said, already walking towards the destination.

"I do, but I'm afraid His Highness is going to be mad if I invade his space again," Jean said, following you along.

Those words described his effort that failed once.

"It's alright. I'll take full responsibilities this time," you said, fastening your pace.

 I'll take full responsibilities this time," you said, fastening your pace

Click!

Lucifer clicked his tongue in annoyance. What part of wanting to be alone did his butler not understand?

The grip on his pen tightened and he looked up from the paperwork; only to see someone else walking into the room.

You were close to breaking down in tears again when you saw his condition, "Lucifer, please don't do this."

Something in him throbbed at the sight of you but he only felt annoyed. Furious even.

"Do what? Finishing my work like I'm supposed to?" His words were full of thorns.

"No, isolating yourself from everyone else..."

"What do you know?!"

Your breath hitched and your pupils shook with surprise.

"What do you know, huh? You're not the one in my position! You're not the one who constantly has to keep watching your steps! You're not the one who always faced the public's backlash! You're not the one who has to keep up with the pressure set by the public! And you're certainly not the one who just lost a family member!"