Chapter Four

After lunch, Four shows us around: We see the Pit, Chasm and all the places that we'll be training.

"Today, you'll be learning how to shoot a gun. If you're here, great, you have already proved you can jump off a train, your first test!" Eric yells. I roll my eyes and pay attention when Four explains how to stand and shoot. Taking a gun of my own, I hold it up the target. My father used a gun on my many times before, so guns lefts a scar, in my mind. With my hands shaking, I focus on the target.

"Scar, you o?" Four asks coming up behind me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a little shaky, that's all." I reply, and with a shoot, I hit the target. The center on the target. Everyone stops their shooting and looks at me.

"Nice job Scar." Peter growls. I just laugh and continue my shots.

When dinner came, I didn't eat. My father never let me eat, so I don't really eat anymore.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Four asks.

"No, I'm fine." I reply honestly.

"You need the proteins." He argues. I lean in across the table and look him straight in the eyes.

"I said I'm fine." I lean back and cross my arms.

Honestly, I don't why he cares so much. I'm just a girl. A girl with a crooked smile.