Chapter 8: Nikkah Preparations

Tesneem's POV

Amany was at my house. We had a partnered project to work on for math. We had to build a 3D model of a real life example of a porabola using tooth picks. I know, sounds like a silly waste of time, but I had no other option.

Amany and My phones rang at the same time.

"Must be that group chat" she says, chuckling as she reaches over to grab her phone off of the desk.

It was. Amira, Maysara, Amany and I are in a groupme. We talk every single day about anything.

Amira: BIG NEWS! meet me at my house in an hour. Bring money, we're going shopping!

Maysara: I'll be there! See you soon, girlies!

Amany and I replied immediately.

Amany: Khair, inshallah. I'll be there!

Tesneem: khair! Amany will take me with her. And YAY SHOPPIIINGGG

Amira: oh yeah, bring your moms, too!

Amany, Tesneem and Maysara: we'll be there with our +1!

**
A few hours later, we all went to Amira's house. We went upstairs to her room while the moms sat downstairs discussing the bride and groom to be. From upstairs, we were able to hear the moms squeal, say mabrouk, jump, and hug. As soon as we heard "who's next?", we closed the door and began talking.

I broke the silence first.

"So, what's the big news Amira?" I asked

"Well.." She started, "how do I say this, without confusing you all?"

We all looked at her questioningly. She got nervous and started fidgeting with a ring she wore on her ring finger. It must have been new, I've never see it before. I took a closer look at the beautiful diamond ring she noiw twisted around her finger. It looked like a wedding ring...

"ARE YOU ENGAGED?!" Amany said, beating me to the question.

Amira looked down and blushed. Then, she looked up at us and nodded, a smile creeping up onto her face. Just like the mothers, we took turns jumping and squealing and hugging her.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Maysara teased, sticking her tongue out at Amira.

I turned to Amany, confused. She returned the confused look.

"YESSIN IS SOON TO BE MY HUSBAND" Amira squealed.

What? Yessin? Maysara's brother? How could this be? That was quick, I had no idea they were getting to know one another. hmm.

"It all happened super quickly, I understand why you could be upset I didn't tell you earlier. He proposed yesterday, out of the blue. I prayed istikhara last night and said yes today. I didn't want to give you false hope before anything was confirmed.." Amira confessed.

I got up and hugged her as tight as I could.

"Nobody is upset, we're ecstatic! Ya Allah, you are getting married!" I said, practically loud enough for the neighbors to hear me.

I didn't care! My best friend is engaged! We needed to go shopping!

We ran downstairs so our mothers could take us shopping. We all exchanged hugs and kisses and we finally filed into the car. After twenty minutes of driving, we finally made it to the nikkah ceremony dress store here in Los Angeles.