CHAPTER 174: Lava mountain forest (1)

Yu Yue couldn't just leave little Cheng Shi and Hao Hao behind, little pumpkin would throw a fit again if she would do so. But she couldn't bring him along as well, lava mountain forest is filled with danger. Along the way she's having a headache from her dilemma, she already considered his big brother dead and if she leaves him alone he would just go and find his brother by himself.

She scratched her head in frustration, she could only think of two options. Abduct this little guy by hook or by crook, so she decided to trick this little guy into working for her so she could place him inside the space.

"hey, little cheng shi. What will you do after we arrive in the lava mountain forest?" Yu Yue asked casually, but deep inside she's having wicked ideas.

"I would look for my big brother" little cheng shi look at her dumbly, Yu Yue's face reddened as she fakes a cough and follow up on her question.

"what if you can't find him at all?" she eyed him meaningfully.
Little cheng shi was stunned, he didn't reply but he subconsciously clenched his hands tightly. His malnourished body shook visibly.

"If you have nowhere to go, how about you follow me?" she baited.
Little Cheng Shi looked her in the eye, "I don't have anything to pay for food though" he said softly as his cheeks flushed.

"just work for me and I'll pay you handsomely," she said sincerely. She already knows that this little guy isn't so foolish at all, he's been through a lot and been exposed to the cruel world at such a young age.

"I'll think about it, but before that help me find my big brother first" he bargained with a solemn and stout face.

"Sure, but if you really want to go with us then you have to make a vow not to tell anyone whatever you see next" Yu Yue narrowed her eyes pointedly.

They have a staring contest for a while before little cheng shi agreed, he already knows the concept of heavenly vows and oaths.

After that Yu Yue brought him inside the space, well she could just always ask lady Shan Shou to erase his memories of the space but just to make sure she still ask him to make a vow.

She leaves him with little Hao Hao under tian shi's care. They finally reached the foot of the lava mountain forest.

They were already walking on foot, she put the carriage and the lightning-horned horse inside the space. When they arrive there are many groups of people going down and up the mountain. They heard from others that these people were also here to look for the fire dragon grass. It has much medicinal use for cultivators so it's a sought-after treasure.

Yu Yue heaved a sigh of relief, seems like it wasn't found by anyone yet. She promised to get whatever it takes, and although she doesn't want to snatch it from others she would do so if necessary. That's how desperate she is.

Lady Shan Shou's tense muscles also loosened a little, she could finally steady her composure. She might not show it but she's been on edge along the way.