Chapter One

"Shots! Shots! Shots!"

That was all I can basically hear, besides the sound of me slamming down empty shot glasses on the bar table. I dump one after another into my mouth with no idea when I was planning on slowing down.

After some time, the glasses stopped coming and I knew I had accomplished whatever it was I was trying to do. I shot my fists in a gloating manner into the air as my friends began to cheer for me.

"Tabby, count- *hick* count how many shots Ethan took..." My friend, Luke slurs.

Tabby stands at the end of the table opposite from me. So far she has had twelve drinks in a row and now, finally reaching her drunken state, she is attempting to count.

Tabby rubs her hand through her now messy, tangled brown hair while squinting her chocolate eyes at the glasses in front of her.

She gasped, followed by a slur of words, "You guys..."

"What?"

"I think I might be an alcoholic!" She laughs, then like nothing, collapsed onto the hard floor.

"Uh-oh!" a friend sighed. "Tabby passed out, now our fun is over..."

"Yeah... The bar is fixing to close soon anyway we should probably go." I attempted to take a sip of beer only managing to douse my shirt with the liquor.

I shrug and throw the glass bottle, letting it shatter to pieces on the floor. We walk out of the bar in a sluggish manner. One of the girls with us carried Tabby on her shoulders who was now only half awake.

"Umm... Should we get a taxi or something." She sleepily says.

"And leave my car here? No way!" I shout as I begin to search for my keys. "Where are my damn keys?!"

"They're in your hand..." Luke stammers. "Dude, you are not ok to drive."

"Don't tell me what the hell I can and can't do!" I yell laughing as I enter my car, "I can drive in my sleep!"

"Alright..." Luke says. "The rest of us are getting a cab, see you later!"

I put my keys into the ignition, laughing and smiling to my friends as I drove off. Soon my happiness fades. I just recently turned twenty-one and my friends and I decided to celebrate the same way I have been since I was fifteen. By drinking.

But sadly no amount of liquor could fix my mistakes or repair my past. I felt my eyes become heavy as my vision began to blur.

"Man, I need to get home quick and sleep this off." I murmur.

I saw the light up ahead change from green to red. I really needed to get home so I decided to just run the red light and worry about the consequences later. Not even seconds later did I come to hear the loud honks of angry drivers.

I throw my head back, laughing and knowing that they can't touch me. Suddenly my head jerked forward, hitting the dashboard as my car collided with another one.

I was thrown back and forth as my car continued to roll down the highway and finally crash into an old boarded up Waffle House. I refuse to move, mainly because my body was in too much pain to do absolutely anything and because my car was so messed up, I couldn't tell where the door was.

I can hear the sound of screeching car tires, sirens and the flash of red and blue as my vision blurs again and my eyes shut.

_____________________

I open my eyes and immediately wanted to shut them back up. The room I am in was extremely white and bright. I opened my eyes again to see a fake blonde woman yelling into her phone as she paced back and forth across the room.