(24. Birthday)

**The pic above is what I imagine y/n and Jay's apartment to look like.

I woke up and Jay wasn't on the bed beside me, I got up and noticed a note on my bedside table.

Got called into work early, didn't wanna wake you, I left you some pancakes in the kitchen. Love you 1000 roundtrips to infinity and beyond. -Jay

I read the note which immediately brought a large smile to my face. That night after the Yates incident...it had kind of stuck and Jay would often tell me how much he loved in cute little ways like these.

I had been so busy catching up on paperwork, helping Trudy with her wedding, recovering, and giving statements that I didn't even realize what day it was until I picked up my phone. It was my birthday.

I laughed to myself thinking about what Trudy might have gotten me this year, her presents always being all over the place. I got up got dressed and got in my car to head to work. I made it up the front steps and saw Trudy fidgeting with something under her desk.

"Hey Honey." She greeted me once she spotted me.

"Hi Mah." I smiled starting to make my way to the stairs.

"Where d'you think you're going? Get over here!" She hollered at me.

I smirked and sighed before turning around and walking back to her. "Yes..." I waited for her to say something.

"Oh whatever I was gonna pretend I forgot but I can't. Happy birthday hon! She walked around the counter and gave me a very tight hug."

"Thanks Mah." I hugged her back.

"Here I got you something, you have to open it now though, I have to see your reaction." She smiled grabbing a box from behind her counter and passing it to me.

"Okay." I set it down and started to open it. I jumped slightly when I saw a furry grey thing inside. Trudy started laughing.

"Isn't that just hilarious, Mouch and I found it at the market

"Isn't that just hilarious, Mouch and I found it at the market." Trudy laughed to herself.

"An office possum?" I smiled trying not to show her how horrified I was.

"Yeah, you can hang it on your desk upstairs, it'll just get everyone's attention." She hadn't stopped laughing.

"I'm sure it will...Thanks, Mah." I laughed now myself.

I looked in the box again and there was a smaller, flat box inside, I pulled it out and at the top it said 'Maid of Honor' I looked up at Trudy shocked.

"Mouch and I...We would be honored if you would be our maid of honor." Trudy wasn't laughing anymore but smiling and I could tell she was trying not to tear up. "That's for you to wear on our wedding day." She pointed at the small box in my hand.