Chapter 11: Banging Things

I stuffed every book I had in my arms into my locker and slammed it shut. I had several pages of homework in those books yet I still didn't take them with me. I knew I wouldn't do it anyway.

"Ready to go? I heard the game was on tonight," Grayson grinned next to me as he casually rested his elbow on my shoulder. Ben and Quentin were in front of us babbling on about something I had no clue about. Well, Ben was babbling. Quentin was listening, something he has always done best. That is, unless you want him to hear you. He and I aren't exactly on speaking terms at the moment.

"What game?" I asked. I had been so caught up with things with Bea that I had forgotten that tonight we were watching the game. Watching the game consisted of much cussing, Brody drinking (he was almost twenty-one so no one saw the problem with it), and everyone making bets as to who would win the game. In this case, it was a basketball game I guessed.

"Between the Celtics and the Spurs?" Grayson said as if I should've remembered. He was right - I should've. I shook my head slightly.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I've been a little..." I trailed off at a loss for words.

"Behind? Yeah, I've noticed. It's Bea," he smirked. Grayson removed his arm from my shoulder once we reached the end of the empty hall and exited the school. We were all late since we waited until after everyone left. The reason was because we had to talk to our theater teacher. He had been wondering where we were for theater class in the past few weeks. None of us liked theater; the teacher, Mr. Copple, chewed his gum obnoxiously and nagged us when we breathed. Okay, not when we breathed but you get my point.

Anyway, we used the excuse that we had a band thing going on. He believed us, so it was all good.

"I haven't been that bad," I argued against Grayson once we got in the car. Quentin and Ben sat up front while Grayson and I sat in the back.

"If you call moaning 'Beaaaaaa' in your sleep not bad, then you have something going on up there," Grayson laughed as he knocked on my head with his knuckles. I tried my best to hold back my blush.

"I don't do that," I argued through my clenched teeth and punched him as hard as I could on the shoulder. He groaned and rubbed his shoulder.

"Whatever you say..." Grayson mumbled as Ben and Quentin laughed.

I was more than happy to see the barn come into our view once we came around the turn. Quentin parked in front and we all piled out, taking whatever we had with us inside as well.

Brody was already there since lights were in inside the barn and the doors were unlocked. I was last to walk in but the first to notice Bea curled up on the couch in the living room. She was dressed in what looked like an old gray gymnastics sweatshirt and black sweatpants. In her lap was her sketch book. I looked around to see Brody standing in the kitchen with a beer in his hand. Quentin and Grayson had already made their way into the kitchen with him while Ben stood beside me. Bea didn't see us yet while we stood by the door.

"Did you invite her?" Ben asked quietly and seriously.

"No - what's she doing here?" I asked, confused. It's not like I didn't like that she was here - it's what the rest of the guys thought.

"I don't mind her being here, but I don't know about them." Ben answered honestly. He shrugged his shoulders and walked into the kitchen. I sighed and walked to the couch, dropping down beside Bea. She jumped so bad that he sketch book fell to the ground, a few papers flying out of the sides. I bent over to pick a few up but Bea got to them first. I never even got a glance at them. She quickly shoved them inside her book and tossed it on top of her bag.