Ddakji

Ddakji.
That's what he wanted to play.

Just minutes ago, I was huddled by the corner of a bus stop, using my backpack as a makeshift pillow. And now here I am, missing the one bus that could have been my ticket out of here, and playing a kids game by the side of the road in hopes to earn just a slip of cash.

"I win."

I looked up at him, taking my eyes finally off of the square pieces of paper that were unsuccessfully flipped. I dug around in my pocket, pulling out a few pennies and shoving them into his open hand.

"It was 100,000 won if I beat you" he spoke back.

"I don't have that much" I told him sternly

"Then I guess you can pay me with your body"

"Oi im not about to become a prostitute because of a children's gam-"

"Every time you loose, I'll slap you."

Oh that's what he meant. In that case, it was worth a battered face to get that much money.

"Deal"

By now it was dark outside, the bus had left ages ago.

I took the blue piece of paper between my thumb and pointer finger, pulling my arm down and throwing the square down with full force.

Fail.

Before I could even lift my head, a hard slap was delivered to my cheek. Snapping my head up, I grabbed his collar, pulling him slightly down so we were at eye level.

"I didn't say you could slap me yet." I growled, pushing him down to the floor. He smiled, picking up the cards and handing them to me once more.

Fail.
Slap.
Fail.
Slap.
Fail.
Slap.

"Is this a scam?" He turned towards me " is the red one heavier than the blue?"

"You are welcome to switch cards if you wish"

I stared down at the two cards. I did almost manage to flip it earlier. It may not be weighted. But every time he throws, he wins. He could just be better. Get a grip.

"I'll stick with blue thanks"

Fail.
Slap.
Fail.
Slap.

"This is my last try, then I'm leaving."

For the last time I swung down my arm, letting the square fall from my grasp. Only this time, it flipped the red square.

I looked up at him with a grin, holding out my hands awaiting the money. He smiled back, placing the stack of cash into my hands before packing up his briefcase and bidding me a-due.

Walking back to my spot by the bus stop, I grabbed my bag, surprised no one had stolen anything and walked to the nearby park. I go there a lot.

Spotting my favourite bench, I sped over, dropping my backpack onto the side and flopping onto the bench. I let out a small squeal as I admired the stack of money in my hands.

I sat up abruptly, flicking through all the notes while my smile grew wider. But there was something that stopped the deck from flicking.

A card.
It was brown, looked a little worn down not gonna lie, decorated with a triangle a circle and a square.

I flipped it over to see a note:

If you're interested in playing more games like these for bigger cash prizes call us: **********

So of course I called it.