Chapter 2 : Serendipitous

Serendipitous : Finding something good without looking for it.

The feeling of waking up on the soft sand of the beach did not surprise me in the least, it was something usual in my life now. After having a movie night with Will and Ellie, I had gone back to sleep in my own bed but as usual I had woken up in the middle of the night, my body trembling and covered in cold perspiration.

And so I found myself here, looking at the crashing waves and just sitting here, blank and numb. Sometimes I just felt so tired. Of everything, college, studies, family.

It was as if everyday a new responsibility was put on my shoulders and I was struggling to hold it all together.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes and sat up straight and that was when I noticed that I was unnaturally warm instead of freezing in the autumn breeze. Looking down I realised that I was covered in a thick blanket and furry socks.

What. the. hell.

Oh my God. Someone is probably stalking me right now, I mean there isn't a lot of people who visits this beach considering the fact that it was almost hidden from the view of the public.

Who could've been here?

Jumping up to my feet, I looked around for any clue of the person, my heart beating erratically but after searching thoroughly for about fifteen minutes I came to the conclusion that no one was actually here much to my disappointment. Or relief.

I honestly don't know.

I folded up the blanket and socks, placing it neatly on the corner for the kind, invisible stranger to take. But just as I turned to go back to my dorm and get ready for college I got an idea, I quickly fished out my pen from my pocket and scribbled a small thank you on a piece of tissue I found inside my pocket and tucked it inside the socks, hoping the person would see it.

Maybe I should be even more freaked out by the fact that someone had watched me while I was vulnerable, heck they ould've easily killed me or something.