Castiel eyed the dark blue cover of the book. It was thin, like it didn't have many pages.

There was no title or author on it. Castiel ran his hand over the cover. It was smooth.

Castiel slowly opened it.

To whomever I gave this book to

I hope you enjoy reading about what happens in the world without him.

My writing is rather good-- he told me himself, so you'll want to read it all but here's the catch.

The one rule you must follow.

One chapter a day.

You must follow this rule to get to the right ending. Enjoy...

Castiel narrowed his eyes.

Who wrote this? He didn't know anyone who was a writer.

Castiel walked back to his arm chair and sat down. Cotton jumped in his lap and curled up, purring softly.

Castiel smiled and flipped the page.

May 5th

I woke up that morning feeling empty...alone...lost.

I reluctantly got out of bed and did my usual morning routine.

I was getting ready to feed the cat but then I remembered...he didn't live here...he lived with him.

I let him keep the cat when he brought it home-- even if I was allergic.

I sighed sadly at the memories that haunted me and moved into the kitchen to make breakfast.

I would have made enough for three but... my brother's in college and he's not here anymore.

I miss him...I miss him.

You'll get to know who he is later...just not yet...they said not yet.

I sat down at the table, looking at the empty cat bowl by the table....empty...quiet.

I miss him.

~

I'm on my way to the house. I was walking down the sidewalk, the book in my hand. This book...the one you're reading now.

I could see someone tending to their garden outside. I smiled at the sight and hid behind a few trash bins.

Once he was gone, I waited a while longer before running up to the door step, setting the book down and knocking.

I knew he wasn't the most social person ever-- so he wouldn't answer the door but...I needed to see him. I couldn't move off that Welcome mat.

I stood there for a while before realizing what I was doing and walking off.

I hid behind the trash bins again and waited for him to come out and get the book. When he did, he observed it and walked inside.

I saw him...

This chapter was just an introductory...the rest of the story will consist of my daily life and my days with him.

But this is not a diary.

See you next chapter.

Castiel almost dropped the book.

This-- Someone left a book on his doorstep too. It's the same book he was reading? That's not possible...this was just a fictional tale.

Who wrote this?!

Who was the "him" the author spoke about?! He missed him so much! Maybe the author was a woman? This seemed more like a male wrote this...the style of the writing did seem familiar but who knows.

Castiel ran his finger along the page, ready to turn it-- then he remembered: One chapter a day.

Castiel scoffed at the rule and turned the page, ready to read the next chapter.

But...the page was blank.

Then he realized. The rest of the pages were blank. That was it.

Castiel flipped threw some more until he found a page with writing on it.

Figured, you'd tried to read ahead. You never were a rule follower anyway-- no one is. They break any rule as long as they have the power to do so.

So, this is all for today. I shall bring another small journal for you tomorrow.

I did say, one chapter a day.

So, I'll see you later...Castiel

Castiel's eyes widened.

His name was in this book.

Why was his name in the book?!

The author knew him?

But how?

Castiel was even more curious to know who the author was.

Castiel stood up so quickly Cotton fell off his lap and onto the floor. He hissed at him and walked into a different room.

He needed the next chapter.

Castiel clutched the book closely to his chest and sighed.

He couldn't wait for that next chapter.

*So hello there guys! I do hope you enjoyed that! You might have questions about it-- THIS WILL BE A CONFUSING STORY! BUT A GOOD ONE-- I think. So yea. See ya'll next chapter!*