Chapter 3 - "Home Away from Home"

Start from the beginning

"This also gives me the perfect excuse to have Fu Hua check in on Kiana..." Theresa said to herself mentally.

================================================================================

Valkyrie Dorms

As Kiana continued to extensively play HOMU VS. against a CPU player after hearing about the absurd results of Neptune and Bronya's bout, a loud knock was heard on the door. As Kiana was about to get up, Mei emerged out of her room as she smiled towards Kiana whilst she walked towards the door to open it.

Upon opening it, she laid eyes upon the returning Neptune and Bronya, but with two new figures moving in.

"Neptune has logged back in!" The aforementioned girl announced as she reflected a smile back towards Mei, with Bronya following closely behind her.

Mei then notices Theresa and Fu Hua moving in, to which she shows a slight surprised expression.

When Kiana paused the game to look at the newcomers, she also showed a slightly surprised expression when she laid eyes upon Theresa, but then transitioned into angry annoyance when she looked at Fu Hua – whom was looking at her back with squinted eyes towards her and the controller in her hand.

"A-Aunt Teri?!"

Theresa then notices what Kiana was doing, and joined Fu Hua in staring at her with a squint.

"Kiana, thanks for welcoming me, but..." Theresa stated slowly.

"Why aren't you preparing for the mock exams?" Fu Hua chimed in.

In Kiana's vision, she could've sworn they were getting larger in size, and that the environment around them was being consumed by darkness and flames as Kiana's eyes threatened to jump out of their sockets, whilst looking at them with a lot of guilt on her face.

"Well, uh... I was just taking a break from my classes?"

"That's absurd, Kiana. I'm aware of your timetable, and your classes ended hours ago." Fu Hua replied as she swatted away the half-assed excuse Kiana made.

The accused girl then grunted in frustration as she didn't have a way out of this, especially with Theresa effectively tag-teaming with Fu Hua against her.

"Ugh... Alright, fine! I'll study, but why are you so on top of me all the time?"

"As our form group's 'Class Monitor', it's my responsibility to ensure that all students are performing well in-class."

"But we're not in-class anymore!"

"That's no reason for me not to push you to study, especially with your current grades."

The two then glared at each other with high levels of intensity, as both of them furrowed their brows and squinted towards each other.

"Kiana, if you don't get in your room right now and start studying..." Theresa said with a tone that cut through Kiana's defences effortlessly.

"Y-Yes Auntie Teri! Running off to study right noooooooooow!!!" Kiana shouted as she thrusted herself towards her room and immediately closed the door, earning a sigh from Theresa when she finished doing so.

Neptune just stared at her with a massive sweat drop herself.

"Jeez... I don't think even I can defend myself against that."

Theresa then immediately returned to her normal expression as a "Huh?" came out.

"Oh, you won't have to worry about that."