17: Something... Dark

A/N: For the readers who aren't aprt of my series but are loyally reading this book, sowwy for disappearing! Really sorry, too much work on my damned plate! And A BIIIIIIG THANK YOU for 1K reads already, though it's probably not even halfway through! Y'all are the best!!!! 

And here's a bit of WangXian dense-dunces' fluff at the end but a loooooot of friend zoning all the way through! 

And yes, that's SnakeDimples in the header image!

♥️WXLL.

________________________________________________________________

"Take care, A-Yuan!"

Zhen Yuan waved merrily as he skipped his way down the hill, away from the gates of Cloud Recesses, clad in a fresh set of white robes and a bag — packed with food and medicine and robes for his ill mother. Lan Wangji was truly a wonderful guardian.

"Right, Lan Zhan? You could be his guardian. Suits you, caring and providing."

"I'll still care and provide, guardian or not."

"Oh... true, that," Wei Wuxian winked. "Well? What now? Back to talismans?"

"I'm going to the classes, to check on the juniors."

"Okay!" Wei Wuxian crossed his hands behind his back and walked with him.

"You're coming with me?"

"Just to the doorstep of the Lectures Hall. I'm bored!"

"Feed the bunnies."

"Ah, right, I'll do that after dropping you off," Wei Wuxian nodded. "I still can't believe we actually found a blood relative through your mother's! Don't worry, nobody will know a thing. Shifu will torture the poor child into forgetting his ancestry if he knew of this. He hated Madam Lan..." Wei Wuxian sighed, feeling empathetic towards Zhen Liuhua.

"Never."

"Ah?"

"Never."

"He never hated Madam Lan?"

"Never."

"Then..."

"He simply respected the rules above brotherhood. But he was supportive as far as he could be. Shufu found the secluded house for Mother."

"Really?!"

"Mn."

"Woah... I see... Shifu's a complicated person... Still! I've got a cousin brother now!" Wei Wuxian clapped gleefully.

Lan Zhan smiled internally at the sight of a childishly happy Wei Ying. If he could keep him this happy every single day...

What would he not give?

"Oh, we're here!" Wei Wuxian pouted.

"What's wrong?" Lan Zhan asked before knocking on the door.

"Nothing... I'll miss you, bestie! See ya later!" Wei Wuxian waved and hopped away to his bunnies.

Lan Wangji cringed. Bestie. Really, Wei Ying? Tsk, whatever, Lan Zhan sulked and stomped into the Lectures Hall. 

***********

Wei Wuxian went hoppity-hop on his way to the rabbits' shelter, crossing the compound in large strides with a jovial skip in his step. Ever the Angel of Humour. Ever the White Lotus.

He missed the Pink and Purple Lotuses, too, but knew they were doing great where they were and felt thrilled at the thought.

Humming some new song Lan Wangji seemed to be slowly coming up with. Slowly but surely he was writing the music on a scrapbook of his, two notes each day because he wanted it to be perfect.