'Ghost'

It's been 4 hours since Peter went missing. Tony had contacted S.H.I.E.L.D and Nick had dispatched agents to do a state wide search for him. Meanwhile, Tony had been scanning city camera's for any trace of the boy; he had been unsuccessful so far. Steve had called for a meeting, which Bucky and Ana were on their way to now in silence. 

They took their seats and waited for a few people to arrive including Tony and Bruce. Ana took a seat next to the giant blonde man. She looked his muscular fame up and down and noticed the hammer on the floor. 

"Ahh, you must be Ana! I was meant to speak to you at the party. I am Thor Odinson, God of Thunder." his voice boomed through the room and Clint rolled his eyes. 

Ana took his extended hand and shook it, "Hi, I'm Ana Volkov." 

"It's very nice to meet you Ana. Natasha tells me-", he was cut off by Tony entering the room followed by Bruce.

The room fell silent and all eyes fell on the man who sat sluggishly in the chair. He looked frantic, his hair had been messed up and his eyes were slightly red and puffy. When he noticed everyone was staring, he sat up and looked at Steve.

"No luck, can't find him anywhere. They must've taken out the cameras before taking him." Tony spoke softly with undertones of frustration.

Steve leaned forward, "We'll find him, Tony."

The man scoffed and slumped back in his chair, "You know, Cap. I really don't need your giddy optimism right now. What I need is a drink, or a few."

Tony slammed his hands on the table and got up, making Ana jolt in her seat. He left the room and forcefully shut the door. Ana looked down guiltily. Maybe if she had said yes, then Peter would still be here. 

There was a moment of quiet before Steve spoke again, "Ana, you were with Peter last. What happened?"

All eyes turned to her and she looked down. What if they thought it was her fault Peter was missing and kicked her out?

"I-I err well... we were on the balcony. Peter asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him. I-I told him I wasn't into him or anyone, but he stormed off before I could explain that-" she looked down and Nat put a hand on her shoulder.

She whispered to her, "You had every right to say no if you wanted, Ana."

Ana nodded and looked back up at the rest of the team, tears forming in her eyes, "I stayed on the balcony for a while and that's when Tony told me that Peter was gone. Maybe if I had said something different..."

Bucky spoke from across the table, "No one knew this was gonna happen."

--------------------------------------------------

It has been 2 weeks since Peter was taken. By now the Avengers had figured out that HYDRA took the boy, but the motive was unknown. Since Tony told Peter's Aunt May, no one had really seen him. Pepper was the only one allowed near him. He spent most of his time in the snooker room day drinking; he couldn't bear to be in the lab anymore, it reminded him to much of Peter.

3 days ago, S.H.I.E.L.D found a trace of where he was. Steve and Natasha went to Panama to check out the site but weren't hugely successful. All they found was an encoded tape and some words on the front in a strange language. 

Ana decided to go to the lab and see if she could help Bruce with anything. She wasn't very good at tech but she thought she could give Bruce some time to rest. He had been working non-stop and hardly slept. The team noticed but he couldn't be stopped. Collectively, both him and Tony were a mess. 

She found Bruce asleep at one of the desks at the side of the room. As not to disturb him, Ana decided to come back later. However, as she was leaving, the tape caught her eye. The girl picked it up and traced the letters with her thumb. She gasped and put it back down quickly. 

"No no no." Ana muttered. 

"What's wrong?" Ana jumped and spun around. Yelena stood in the doorway with a tray of food for Bruce. 

She put it down on the main table in the centre of the room and walked over to her twin. Yelena picked up the tape and turned it in her hand. 

"What does it say?" she asked.

Ana shook her head, "It's not what it says. It's the language that it's in."

"What language is it?"

"When HYDRA first came about, it was set up by a man called Johann Schmidt. He employed the help of a scientist by the name of Arnim Zola after the best scientist in Germany refused to help him. When Captain America took HYDRA down, S.H.I.E.L.D imprisoned Zola and recruited him. To keep his notes a secret from S.H.I.E.L.D, he invented a language and gave the notes to HYDRA facilities that were still up and running. That's how HYDRA survived for all these years. And this is that language. All agents get taught it so they can communicate with each other and people can't listen in." Ana explained.

Yelena looked at the writing, "So what does it say?" 

"Ghost"