~𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖉𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓~

"All clear

"All clear." Alec, Izzy and I secured the perimeter and followed up to Clary and Jace.
"Do you think red's my color?" Izzy asked as we waited in line to go in the pandemonium.
"Isa, with a body like yours, everything's your color." I said intertwining my arms with hers.
"Good point." She grinned. "Damn, I make this necklace look so good."
"Will you take it off?" Alec asked, annoyed and I rolled my eyes. "I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make exchange."
"You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels."
"Can you just give it to Jace?"
"You're such a buzzkill." She giggled.
As we entered the pandemonium, it was filled with downworlders, loud music and of course, glitter. People were dancing here, there, everywhere.
"Blend in, but keep your weapons ready." I did as Jace said. I did not take out my spear, just my dagger.
I got separated from the group and went to the bar and ordered myself a drink. As I took a sip of it, I spotted Magnus, fixing his make-up at the far end. I got up and made my way to him.
"Magnus!" Both me and Jace called out. Jace stopped on his tracks but I made my way up to him and hugged him, tightly.
"Little Bird." He sighed in a relief. "Oh, how I've missed you." I pushed him slightly by the shoulder.
"Well, if you did miss me, you would have called me!"
"Well, why would I call you when I know you can take care of yourself?" He smirked as I glared at him. He looked behind me to spot Clary.
"Ahh...Clary Fairchild." He said. "You've grown into a beautiful young woman."
"Magnus Bane." Clary said, annoyed. "So you're the one who stole my memories." I glared at her.
"At your mother's request." He said. "She knew the risk." He gave out his hand to Jace. "Show me the jewelry, shadowhunter." Jace did as he asked, but as Magnus tried to grab the jewel, he took it away from him.
"Ooh...Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry."
"I have to confirm its authenticity." Jace gave the necklace with regret on his face.
"Amor verus numquam moritur." I read out loud and Magnus smirked.
"True love cannot die." I scrunched my nose in disgust, think about how this was meant for Camille. He sighed. "Oh how I've missed this jewel."
"Now it's your turn to pay up." I glared at Clary again, but also pulled a smirk on my face.
"He can't, he no longer has them." I said.
"Wait, you knew?" Clary got angry.
"Sweetie, how do you think you know me? We used to be friends. I watched Magnus take your memories away." I said crossing my arms and stepping forward. "As far as I know, he fed it to the memory demon." I said and earned a glare from Magnus.
"What? Why the hell would you do that?" Jace directed the question to Magnus.
"To protect Clary and the Cup." He said, as if it was obvious. "If Valentine ever captured me, he could torture Clary's memories out of me. Just like he tortured Dot."
"Tortured?" Clary asked. "Wait, is Dot okay?"
"You don't know?" He asked. "Dot is dead."
"What?" She shook her head. "How do you know?"
"I can't feel her magic anymore." He sighed. "Valentine killed her because she would not betray your mother."
"Oh my God."
"Come with me, Clary. My lair can offer you protection no shadowhunter ever could." Jace scoffed at that.
"No, no I'm not going anywhere with you." I rolled my eyes at how stupid she was.
"Don't be a fool." He said. "Your mother would want you to live."
"Then help me get my memories back from whatever demon you gave them to."
"Valentine is hunting you and Hazel, too." He said. "And every moment we're outside my lair's protection, is a moment Valentine gets closer to finding us."
"Wait, What?" I asked. "Why is that bitch hunting me?"
"The word has spread." He said. "There is a hybrid living among us." My eyes widened.
Magnus opened up a portal. "Come with us." He said to Clary, while Jace shook his head. "I won't offer again."
"No. No I won't hide from my problems and neither should you."
"Look out!" A woman screamed and at the exact moment, an arrow hit someone behind us. Alec directs his steps to the dead man as I do too.
'Circle member." I murmured.
"Who are you?" Magnus asked, impressed. Without waiting for an answer, he took my hand and dragged me to the portal.
"Magnus wait!" Clary said. "You're my only hope." Now, the girl pleads.
"Valentine found us. I warned your mother this might happen."
"Wait!" That was the last thing I heard from Clary as me and Magnus went in the portal.
I sighed in relief. "Thank you!"
"For what?" He asked.
"I couldn't stand Clary, babbling anymore." He chuckled in response.
"You stay here, I'll be right back." He said and I nodded. I started to walk around, when suddenly I heard a loud thud.
"Magnus!" I called and went to find him only to see him battle one of Valentine's man.
"Your magic is strong warlock." He said. "Much stronger than the horned weakling I killed this morning."
"Elias." Magnus said and whooshed his magic towards him while he dunked.
"That was his name. Well, lucky for us he sold you out, before I could take his warlock mark." I gasped, gladly he did not hear. "Cat's eyes. Be a nice addition to my collection."
"How about Eagle eyes?" I asked as I threw a blast of nuclear energy towards it, already showing my warlock mark. As I threw it, an arrow hit the man.
"Well done." I turned around to see Alec.
"He did not really need that you know?" I asked. "He was already gonna die with that energy."
"So, did I just waste my arrow?" He asked and I hummed in response.
"I'm Magnus. I don't think we've been formally introduced."
"Alec." He said. "I think we should go." I hummed again.
"You crushin' on him?" I asked Magnus, as Alec made his way out.
"No." Magnus simply replied. "Besides, I don't think I'm his type." He smirked as I rolled my eyes, and started following Alec.
We went to the center of the room to find it all messed up.
"Magnus, Hazel." Clary came in with Zoe, a little warlock. She came running towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist.
"Go join the others, my dear." He said.
"This is not place for a little girl." I added kissing her forehead. "Go." She ran to others. "I heard what you did for Zoe." I said to Clary.
"You risked your life without hesitation to save a young warlock child." Magnus said.
"She was just a girl, and she was in trouble." She said. "I had no choice."
"You always have a choice." He said. "You're not like the others Clary Fairchild. Most shadowhunters protect downworlders out of sense of duty, but you saved young Zoe because of what was inside your heart." He sighed. "You're more like your mother than you'll ever know."
"Magnus, please. You can't hide from this battle. Look, Valentine, he found you once. He will find you again. We need to work together. Help me." Clary said.
"I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand." Magnus said.
"But, retrieving your memories will not be easy." I warned.
"I will do what I have to do." Clary said.
"Alright, but we're not safe here. The lair's location has been compromised." He said and turned around. "Hold tight everyone. We are about to move." He zapped his hands to reveal a cleaner version of the room.
"Ah...much better." He said and I hummed. "Ah...it's inevitable. After each move, I get the itch to redecorate."
"Tell me about it." I sat on the couch.
"Normally, I love a dirty lair, but this one is just sloppy." He said and stepped on the white round table in front of him. I glared at him when I saw he directed that comment to Alec, who did not understand a thing. "I believe in payment for services rendered. Thank you for defending the warlocks." He took out the red ruby necklace.
"I couldn't." Izzy shook her head.
"Oh, but you could. And you should."
"Beside, the Lightwood have been wearing this for years, and it would look silly on your brother." I chuckled and made my way beside Izzy while Magnus chained the necklace around her neck.
"And, I hope you're okay with Hazel having a thing for him." I slapped Magnus by the arm as he said that, while Izzy chuckled.
"Okay, so how do we summon the memory demon?" Clary asked.
"Are you certain? Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal."
"I'll do anything to save my mother." She said. "Where's the demon?"
"Okay, pretty boy. Get your team ready." Magnus said.
"You know what to do." Jace said and I smirked as I knew Magnus didn't direct that comment towards him.
"I'm not talking to you." Magnus stopped Jace. "I'm talking to you." He directed his finger towards Alec. "The one who seems to catch my little bird's eyes." I blushed and directed my eyes towards the ground, hoping that no one saw that, while Alec smirked, and then shrugged when Jace gave him a questioning look.