Chapter 14

*Jamie*
"Lau! Stop." I laughed as he continued to tickle me.

"No, you need say it." He smiled.

"Ok, ok, you can cook." He pulled his arms away from me, "That was no hard. You make that more difficult that-" I put my finger on his lips. "Shhhh, you hear that?" we both listened and I heard banging from my sister's room. "They fucking?" Lau questioned. I nodded my head. "That disrespectfort." I smiled and we both pressed our ears against the wall. "Larry!" She screamed. We both giggled.

" You know, we need be like them." Lau said moving his face from the wall.

"You mean, like sex?" I sat back down with him

"Oui." I fiddled with my fingers and sat criss-cross. "You, you a virgin?" I put my head down. "You serous?" He questioned. I nodded my head slowly. "It don't matter belle." He lifted my chin with his finger. "We don have to do anything you no want to do. We take it slow, ok?" He smiled at me. "Ok."
_______________
*Larry*
"Ok everyone, thank so much for coming. If you already have autograph, the door is out to the left." I said out to everyone.

"No Larry, don kick them out." Lau spat at me.

"I no kick them out, I just-"

"No, No, you no want them to stay with us, you so rude." Everyone stared laughing including Lau. "Don listen to my broda, you can stay as long as you want." He smiled.
"Qu'est-ce que tu fais ?" (What are you doing?) I whispered. "Larry, nous avons juste fun." ( Larry, we just having fun.)

" Nous avons des filles à domicile bro, nous devons d'aller." (We have girls at home bro, we need to go.) I spat.

"Don worry. I gave them some money to go shoping, they not even home."
We gave autographs for maybe another 45 minutes before we were led out to the car. We were driving down the road when my phone rang. "Bonjour?"
Amy's voice rang in my ears. "Whoa, babe, clam down, what wrong."

"It's Jamie! She got hit. She isn't moving!" I could hear her voice cracking like she was going to cry. I looked at my bother in shock. "What! Where are you?"

"On Springdale road. I called the police and I moved her in the grass. She isn't moving." She started breathing heavily.

*Amy*

I started breathing heavily as I felt for a pulse. "Hey! You gonna be ok. You both gonna be ok. We on our way. Stay on the phone."

"Okay." I put him on speaker and set the phone down beside her lifeless bodie. People started surrounding us and asking 'What happened?' 'Is she breathing.' A man came and bent down beside me and felt her neck. "I got a pulse." He spoke aloud. The police came with an ambulance and hoisted her up onto a gurney then into the back of the ambulance. "Larry, the police are here. I'll call you when we get to the hospital." I climbed in and we pulled off into traffic.
______________________

I sat on the end of the bed looked up at my broken sister. She had a fractured wrist, a busted lip, a black eye and a broken shin bone. I felt the tears falling down my face and there was a light knock at the door. "Come in." I said lightly.
Larry and Lau both walked in the room together. I ran into Larry's open arms and he hugged me tightly. "What happen?" Lau asked, he didn't take his eyed off of her laying in the hospital bed.
"We were walking to our car 'cause we parked in a separate parking lot and some car came speeding around the corner and hit her. I-It all happened so fast." I cried into Larry's chest.
There were two chairs in the corner of the room so Larry and I sat down and Lau sat at the end of her bed. The doctor came in after a few minutes.
"I have good news and bad news." He said flipping through his clipboard.

"We take good news first." Larry replied.

"We stopped the internal bleeding and she will be fine." He paused, "The bad news, in the accident, her voice box was badly injured. I'm afraid she will never be able to speak again."