An Enemy Attacks

Teal awoke, hot and sweaty, squashed in between Lana's and Jale's sleeping bodies. He untangled himself from their arms, sat up and looked at the sky to get his best judgement of what time of day it was. The whole balcony was quiet and still with sleeping bodies despite Teal guessing that it was already mid-morning.

With a desperate thirst, he carefully untangled himself, cast the sleeping pair a fond look and staggered to his feet. A servant stepped forward as soon as he emerged through the net and passed him a cup of water. Teal took it gratefully and gulped it down, eager for more. He moved towards the shower area and placed a clove inside his mouth. He chewed, welcoming the new flavor in his mouth and gazed at the view. The sky was overcast, but it was hot and humid. Teal couldn't imagine how the capital would feel. Standing under the waterfall beside the balcony before going for a swim, seemed like the best idea on a day like today.

Teal quickly lathered his body, cleaning his skin from the combined sweat and bodily flavors from the night before. When he was done, he leaned against the rock resting his head in his arm and allowed the water to fall over his shoulders. His head was pounding from the alcohol he had consumed but he was more than happy with what he had experienced.

"Are you okay?" Jale suddenly asked from behind.

Teal's head shot up. "Of course," he replied. He offered Jale a shaky smile. "I was just cooling myself off."

Jale stared at him and seeming satisfied, he stepped under the water beside Teal.

"Are you okay with what happened last night with Lana?" he asked, covering his body with soap as well. He glanced at Teal again as his hands cleaned. "Do you think you would want to lay with her again?"

Teal laughed and struggled to pry his eyes away as Jale's hands moved all over his body. "Yeah, I think so."

Jale moved out of the direct spray of water and stepped closer to Teal. "She'll be glad to hear that. She enjoyed herself last night too." He reached out and placed his hand on Teal's hip turning him slightly. "You have some reminders from last night."

Teal glanced down at the couple of bruises he had. "One of you gripped rather tightly," he said, knowing all too well, it had been Jale during the throes of passion.

Jale's hand slowly slid off his skin, a lingering, claiming touch. It didn't bother Teal. It was nice to be wanted.

Jale stayed close and dropped back under the water, lifting his head up so the cold water splashed onto his face.

"You're right," he said, stepping out from the direct spray again. "The water is amazing."

He leaned out all of a sudden and caught Teal's hand pulling him closer so their chests were almost touching.

"So...how does this work? If I want to be with Lana again?" Teal braved to ask when Jale's hands started to move down to his lower back and the top of his buttocks.

Jale laughed, but Teal could see that he was happy with his question. "Well, it's the Emperor's permission you need, not mine."

Teal shook his head. "I know I need his permission, but I also want to know that you would be okay with it."

"I arranged it last night, didn't I?" Jale asked suddenly, stepping away and reaching for a towel.

Teal's brow rose in surprise. "I suppose you did."

"Then enjoy her," Jale stated. "But only when it doesn't encroach on your time with me." He turned wrapping a sarong around his lower body much like how the Emperor wore on occasions in his private quarters. Teal nodded in the direction of the balcony where a servant had appeared, message in hand.