𝕴'𝖑𝖑 𝕭𝖊 𝕹𝖚𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 17

67 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖂𝖍𝖞 𝕴 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖄𝖔𝖚

——————

Once  again we were walking to wherever the next game was, this room that was coated in colours never ceased to amaze me. 

The white room again, but instead numbers ranging from one to seventeen was displayed in the centre. 

"Welcome, players, to the fifth game. Before, we begin, please make your way down the steps and choose one of the mannequins that you see presented before you. Once you've chosen, take the corresponding vest. From 1 through to 17. Let me repeat the instructions. Please make your way down the steps and choose one of the mannequins that see you before you, and take the corresponding vest. They are numbered 1 throughout 17."

No one wants to go first or last, it could be like Red Light Green Light and those at the back will be at a disadvantage, but I knew what number I had to pick, Number 17. 17 had always been my lucky number, and my birthday so I walked up and grabbed it off the mannequin, volunteering for going last. I could tell others were shocked I wanted to go last, even I was shocked at myself this game is life or death and I'm going last, but once I took that 17, everyone rushed to the middle, and those who couldn't get the middle numbers got the end ones. Sae-Byeok got 15, seemed like she wanted to stick with me.

"Your attention please. The numbers you see on the mannequins correspond to the order of which you will be playing. Please make your decision carefully." Oh well, I didn't think carefully I just went with my lucky number, but it's the order of which we'll play in so I'll rather get an advantage or disadvantage going last.

——

The doors opened up, we were all met with a circus like display,

"Hello, players, let me welcome you all to the fifth game. The fifth game is 'Glass Stepping Stones'. The stepping stones before you are made from one of two types of glass, one will be tempered glass and the other will be normal glass. The tempered glass stepping stone is strong enough to hold the weight of two people. However, the normal glass will break even if one person steps on it. For this game, you will guess which one of the two tiles is the tile made of the stronger tempered glass, and only step on those across the 18 pairs of tiles. You may then cross over to the other side safely and pass this game."  So many people are going to die. The guy at the front looks like he's about to poop his pants, he knows he's dying first. He looked back meeting Gi-hun's eyes, he begged him to give the number 1 vest to him. The first mistake he made. 

"For this game, you will have 16 minutes. Players must cross the bridge within those 16 minutes. And now, with that, let the game begin." That's less than a minute per tile, I may not even reach the end in that time limit. 

"Each player, take off your shoes, then go up to the tiles in order." So we're practically taking off our shoes because this game is just suicide. 

The time started, player 96, the first to go stood there unsure, 

"What are you doing?"

"We're losing time!"

"Hurry up and go!"

"Just jump!" 

"Are you just going to stand there?" Everyone was getting inpatient, why wouldn't you? It had nearly been 2 minutes of this man just standing there wasting time on the clock.

He jumped. The glass hadn't cracked so it had to be the tempered glass, the people behind him cheered him on to continue getting the right tiles, however that was all put to an end when he jumped onto the one in front of him, falling straight to his death.