Chapter 6: Not a Hero

Start from the beginning

The said doctor shook her head and sighed "Oh, but considering how Yoo Joonghyuk feels to Dokja-ah, you two should get along well together already. There's a high chance that you two will end up as sisters-in-law, after all~".

Han Sooyoung grumbled in sheer annoyance to Lee Seolhwa "I hate this part of you".

The latter only smiled at that. In the end, Han Sooyoung sighed and pulled Yoo Mia to talk privately, only the two of them were the other three were out of earshot.

Jung Heewon was worried "Is it okay to leave them be?".

"There are things that better left unsaid. I know Han Sooyoung and Mia thought like that, but... there's also the thing which sometimes, better be spoken to clear the problems. As an adult, we only can watch over them and let the kids solve their problem in their own way".

Yoo Mia fiddled with her fingers before bowing her head "Forgive me".

"Why did you apologize?".

"I know you've been mad to me and... no wonder you'd hate me. After all, I was-".

"Mia, don't apologize to me. I don't need it", crouching in front of her, Han Sooyoung ruffled her head "Now, let the past be the past. I'm not angry with you anymore and I don't hate you. I'm the type of person who does not want anything to do with the person I hate. If I were to hate you, I would not pick you when your brother had asked me to, you know?".

Mia lowered her head with a dejected face "...I thought you and your sister must hate me".

"You apologize to the wrong person. Apologize to my sister, because she's the one you've wronged. Just the same with how I've wronged your brother", Han Sooyoung leaned her chin on her palm "We acted childish just because we're too afraid of losing our only brother and sister. It's so childish of us. You and me".

"...But what if your sister hated me?".

"Mia, you don't know my sister like me and your brother, huh? It's so cute of you", Han Sooyoung pinched her cheek "I can even imagine her reaction, even. She wouldn't hate or mad at you. If you apologized, she probably would only smile and tell you that it's okay and she's not mad. Hence, she's that kind of a person, after all. She's the type of someone who would simply accept it when someone threw the hot boiling water at her in rage. It's utterly annoying and concerning".

Mia chuckled sheepishly "We have a handful of a sibling, haven't we?".

Han Sooyoung didn't even try to deny it and nodded her head instead "Indeed. Now, if only that Sunfish and my Unnie-".

Yoo Joonghyuk said as he climbed up, pulling Kim Dokja up from the hole on the ground "What about us?".

Both Yoo Mia and Han Sooyoung shrieked in surprise, lifting their hands up to the air.

Kim Dokja landed on the ground and cleaned the dust off her clothes "Are you having fun bad-mouthing or what?".

Yoo Mia quickly shook her head "N-nothing like that!".

Han Sooyoung lifted her forefinger "Forget it! You startled us!".

Unsure of what to do, Kim Dokja tilted her head "Oh, sorry?".

After they arrived outside safely, Kim Dokja handed out the Items they'd got to their companions when both Yoo Mia and Yoo Joonghyuk were busy preparing the food. Han Sooyoung, Han Myungoh, Jung Heewon, and Kim Namwoon were the ones who hadn't gotten the Items.

Obviously, when Yoo Joonghyuk gave the Star Relic Unbroken Faith to Kim Dokja, they were having various reactions, with the understanding in their head. Like, no wonder he gave it to her. Jung Heewon mumbled something about how she envied Kim Dokja because she also wanted to have a proper weapon for herself. Kim Namwoon grumbled openly about it with the crude jokes about how the Boss spoiled his favourite person. Lee Gilyoung and Han Sooyoung were on the verge of yelling at the bold Chuunibyou, but Yoo Joonghyuk raised his hand, pointing to Kim Dokja who smiled thinly.