Chapter One

Wiping my clammy hands on my pants I wait till my name is called for testing. I've waited for this day to come so badly, so I could get away from my father.  After my mother was killed, my dad spun out of control. He and my mom had a love no one else had and when she died he didn't know how to deal with the pain. The only way he knew how was to take his anger out on me. He did his worst on me. Anything he could get his hands on, he would hit me with. I have scars all over my body, to remind me of his wickedness. One in particular that haunts me day and night. The scar on my right side of my face. He carved from the bottom of my lip to my mid cheek, reminding me of his wrath. 

     The people around me stare of my face, it used to bother me at first, but as time went by and the more I knew this wasn't going away, I let people stare, because then maybe, just maybe, they'll hear my cry for help.      

"Samantha Marsh."  A woman with long dark hair call my name. I can tell she's supposed to look intimidating, but she doesn't scare me. After the nightmares from my father, nothing can scare me anymore. She leads me into a room and has me sit down in a long chair. The metal pinches against my skin, but it doesn't hurt. Nothing hurts anymore. 

"Drink this." She tells me, shoving a transparent blue liquid in my face.

"What is it?" I ask, swirling the liquid around in the shot glass. She rolls her eyes and types something on the computer in front of her. 

"Just drink it, I don't have all day." She mumbles. I glance at the liquid again, then pour it all into my mouth. It's sour and bitter and swallowing it is a challenge. I gag a few times, but eventually get it down. My eyes become heavy and I try to fight but, but darkness takes over me and all I can hear is my own breathing. 

     My eyes shoot open again and I'm still in the chair. The room looks the same, as if nothing happened. How though? I drank that awful stuff, how did it not work? I frantically look around, still in the chair. Suddenly a woman dressed in white stands in front of my with her hands behind her back. She looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it. 

"Choose one." She says. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion until I see three tables behind her. One has a knife, the second one has a slice of raw meat and the third one has a gun. I divert my eyes away from the knife, there's no way I'm touching one of those. The meat looks useless, but the gun, the gun looks useful. I pull myself out the chair and grab the gun from off the table. 

     When I turn around to confront the woman again, she's gone. Not only is she gone, but I'm in a completely different room. Cocking the gun, I start walking forward, hoping to find some way of this place. A little girl's giggle makes me stop in my tracks. Turning around I see her petting a puppy in front of her.  When I turn back around  to continue to look for a way out, a blood curdling scream fills the room. The girl who was once petting a sweet little puppy is now face to face with huge, black wolf. It's gnashing it's teeth and growling at the little girl. Right as it leaps to take a bite out of her, I shoot the wolf without second thought. 

     After I shoot the dog I run up to the little girl and kneel in front of her. She wipes her tears away then hugs me. I don't hug her back, instead I stay still. Her hiccups vibrate against me and her tears drip on my shirt. She lets go then runs off, and almost instinctively I run after her, hoping to get out of this room. 

     After running for what feels like ages I find myself in the middle of a train station. People around me hustle to hump on the train except one man. He's holding a picture, grabbing anyone he could get and asking them something. Out of curiosity I walk closer to him. He catches my eyes and ruins towards me. The picture he's holding is a picture of a man.