43. An Admonitory Talk To Subordinate

Many things can be changed in three months.

Ling Fan started his last year of high school.

But that was not the point.

Lei Wu and Mr. Leopard had picked a group of new members for Ling Fan in just three months. As for Ling Fan, he bought an old factory located in Liuhe District and set up their base camp there.

In the factory, Ling Fan was sitting in a chair. There were more than forty people in front of him. "Nice to see you, guys. My name is Ling Fan. I'm your future boss," said Ling Fan.

Actually it was not the first time that they had met Ling Fan. They all looked at Ling Fan with undisguised admiration and respect.

Some of them had fought with Ling Fan, some hadn't.

But all of them were frequent visitors to Mr. Leopard's underground fighting coliseum.

People there might not know who was the boss of the fighting coliseum or how many rules they had to obey, but the name 'Ling Fan' was known to everyone.

Why was Ling Fan so famous? Because he was a top boxer and the only one who had 77 straight wins and was unbeaten so far.

Those who came to Liuhe District to make a living were all desperadoes. They didn't believe in God or heroes. But Ling Fan had become their spiritual leader before they knew it.

They had been or seen someone else badly beaten up by Ling Fan during matches. They had waited for three months, and now they finally saw Ling Fan. Of course they couldn't keep calm.

Ling Fan smiled and said, "Haha, you all know me, right? That's great! You must know that I like celery and dislike coriander, and be very aware of how many love letters I receive every day. I don't think I have to introduce myself."

Ling Fan's joking words dissipated the tension in the air.

They had no idea that Ling Fan was such a humorous person, but anyway, they were excited.

"Come on, say something, Boss. We know little about you." The only thing they knew about Ling Fan was that he was a fierce boxer.

"How many girlfriends do you have, Boss?"

"None."

"Really? Do you have a crush on anyone?"

"Er... No."

"Hey, Boss, you hesitated for a second before responding. I guess you must like someone. Come on, tell us. We can offer help if you want."

"You are so nice. But I have to say-- time is up, and let's talk business." With that, Ling Fan curved his lips into an evil smile.

His new followers quieted down quickly, although they were a little depressed.

Obviously, they had been well trained by Lei Wu in the past three months.

"I have something to say. First of all, I decide to form a faction named 'Qing'. I know most of you guys didn't go to school. So, you don't need to know how to spell the word 'Qing'. Just remember the name. Second, I'm a civilized person. So, the first rule is to overcome people with virtue. If they reject our face-saving offers, then we can use our fists to deal with them, understand?"

"Got it. We'll try to overcome people with virtue."

"You guys learn fast and well. Mm, now let's come to the third point. Do you know why I bought such a big factory as our base camp?"

Hearing this, everyone's face took on a curious expression.

Normally, a rented dwelling was enough to meet the needs of gang members. From their point of view, buying this factory was a waste of money.

"Do you think it's a waste of money? Let me tell you the reason. In the future each of you guys can have a three-bedroom apartment. But what you can get won't end there. By the way, this factory cost me more than ten million. I won't spend money buying another piece of land in the future."

What Ling Fan said was easy to understand, but significant.

During those ten years in prison, Ling Fan had spent much time studying the psychology of those people.

Some social groups brainwashed their new members by chanting slogans.

But Ling Fan wouldn't do that. He knew a better way to ignite their enthusiasm.

"Boss, I'm your most faithful follower from now on."

"I believe that our gang will be the biggest one in Liuhe District one day."

"Yeah, we will be number one."

Ling Fan coughed to draw their attention. "I'm glad that morale among you guys is very high. But I want to correct one thing. I don't care if our gang will be the biggest one in Liuhe District. Actually, I want the whole Liuhe District."