Chapter 54: Joint Trial!

Start from the beginning

"It is a living life! Every clone was a lovely child with self-consciousness. How could these people do that?!"

"The people who do these types of experiments are even worse than scum!"

"This is stinkier than the Royal Guards! Dying is simply insufficient!"

"This is the noblest emperor and prince of our empire?"

"I have to wonder, when the prince injected the precise genetic drugs every year, did he think of how many children died behind the scenes?"

Chi Jun sat silently in the plaintiff's seat and suppressed his anger. The images he inherited from Lingqi's memories were rather blurred. Now that the contents were clearly broadcasted, he also felt a shock that wasn't small.

At this time, he couldn't wait to tear up the emperor and prince sitting there. In order to avoid a big lion appearing at the trial scene, Gu Yanzheng had guided Chi Jun's mind for a long time while also locking Chi Jun's energy core tightly like never before.

This was a big challenge. Chi Jun had never been so angry. Gu Yanzheng's palm pressed against his shoulder from behind and the dual abilities rushed into his body.

At this point, Gu Yanzheng was even more nervous than him. He wasn't worried about Chi Jun publicly transforming into a big lion, he was worried about his partner's uncontrolled energy core! If this happened then he must take his lion away!

After the videos, which were the main piece of evidence, finished playing, Mr Chi's lawyers provided additional evidence of the royal family's illegal experiments over the year. It was time for the cross-examination of the emperor and prince.

In the face of such crimes, they thought the emperor would've defended himself. However, the emperor was quite calm and confessed to all the crimes. By his side, the prince looked dazed and frightened. He kept strongly shaking his head and tearfully said he knew nothing!

For a while, the empire roared.

"I always feel that the emperor is taking all the blame for the little prince."

"Still, there is no actual evidence that the prince was involved."

"Perhaps the prince really didn't know. No matter what, I want to know how the noble emperor could do such inhumane things?"

Once the emperor acknowledged all the charges, he gazed at the opposite plaintiff. "Under the imperial law, cloning experiments are indeed illegal. So are experiments on illegal genetic drugs. However, what if I ordered the experiments on behalf of the empire?"

Chi Jun frowned at the emperor who seemed to have no fear.

The emperor's calm and majestic voice continued. "This contribution can spare the empire from thousands of years of Zerg attacks, so that the imperial people will no longer suffer from the disaster of the Zerg tide. It should be clear how many people died in the empire for thousands and millions of years, even planets directly wiped out."

"What if the decade of experiments and the deaths of more than 2,000 conscious clones result in the future imperial people not being attacked by the Zerg tide?"

The public listened to the emperor's words and couldn't help looking at Chi Jun sitting at the plaintiff's table. This contribution didn't seem to belong to the emperor. Wasn't this what Master Chi might achieve for the empire in the future?

It was just that the words the emperor used to describe the cloned humans really caused discomfort. There was no fear for his life, no compassion...

The emperor's voice continued. "Two thousand experimental materials with unclear consciousness in exchange for the future peace and tranquility of the empire is very cost-effective. So why am I wrong? Isn't my contribution to the empire enough to offset this small mistake?"