Chapter 88: Clove

I smile back at Enobaria and she starts to looks sadder, concerned. I smile awkwardly and she leads me to the knife throwing area. I smirk and start to prepare to throw. As I'm about to throw my first knife she finally speaks.

"What did they do to you?" she asks quietly, trying no to draw attention. I look over at her, more shocked than I should be and sigh.

"Why does everyone ask me that?" I ask, desperately holding in my annoyance. I really don't enjoy being pestered about this kind of stuff. "The Capitol took me, used me and I was rescued" I say simple as I try to focus on the target in front of me. I throw and it's off. I sigh and walk over to collect my knives.

"Sorry, it's just Brutus and I saw you in those videos before the Rebellion and we wanted to know what happened" she says sadly. I smile plainly, so did everyone else. "We can talk more in private if you want?" she suggests, but already walking away.

"Sure" I mutter and I follow her quickly. She smiles back and we sit on a bench next to the entrance. She looks over at me, a mix of concern and interest plastered on her dark face.

"What did they do to you?" she asks more forcefully but also quieter. I shrug and look at my suddenly interesting hands. She waits a little longer before continuing. "So you have scars, emotional scarring and an obvious fear of men. Let me guess, rape, they burned you, cut you and they were all men" she says casually and I gape at her, she's good at this.

"How'd-" I stutter "How did you, with the-" I can't manage words so I just sit back amazed. She smiles but her eyes tell me that she's hurting. She reminds of Dagger, both of them can't show emotions well, but I still understand them.

"I've been in your place before. You and Cashmere had it way worse, my time was brief" she says sadly "I managed to get out of it with my teeth, I would bite my Patrons, and soon they gave up" she says baring her fangs. I smile and she fakes a growl.

"One of them, well not a Patron but he almost raped me" I start slowly "Was in the Games, with Martiall and my father" I say, refusing to call him 'dad'. She looks at me shocked and I shrug.

"Oh yeah, I heard about your brother and father" she says calmly and frowns "I'm really sorry, you really don't deserved this" she says pulling me into a hug. I smile and embrace her. I watch as Cato and Brutus practice with their weights and hand-to-hand combat.

"You mind if I go? I want to go talk to Cato" I say, on half-lying. She nods and we walk to Cato and Brutus fighting on the mats. I start to cheer Cato on and he flips over Brutus with a groan. Brutus puts up his hands in defeat and I run to hug him.

"I'm so proud of you" I say mimicking his mom and he laughs awkwardly. I kiss his cheek softly and he turns so I'm on his lips. I hold the kiss there and Brutus clears his throat, telling us he's feeling awkward.

"I think we should get going" Enobaria says grabbing Brutus and pulling him around, all the way out of the door. I smile up at Cato and we walk to do some actual working out. I start out easy because I haven't worked out in a while but Cato starts to push me more. I loop my legs around one of the metal pull-up bars and start to do some upside-down crunches, which are my favorite, until I'm lightly covered in sweat.

Cato continues to switch between one-handed push-ups, crunches and pull-ups until he looks like he might pass-out. I kiss his grossly sweaty cheek briefly and go to wash up in the shower room. I let the warm water cascade over me and wash up with the only soap they have, vanilla. I sigh and lather myself down before rinsing and repeating. I step out and grab one of the crisp, white towels to dry myself.

"Clove you almost ready?" I hear Cato yell as I pull on my tank-top. I grab my bag from my locker and run to see him. We're both nice and clean now. I grab his hand, hoist the bag over my shoulder and we walk to the town square.

"Want to shop?" Cato asks pulling out his wallet, the leather on I made him when I was about 13. I smirk and nod plainly. I walk him into the shop I bought his birthday present and start to plan for his next one. I'll have to check the calender but I know it's coming soon, well kind of.

Today is August, that's all I know but I still want to plan for his birthday. We walk into the men's shop and I look around the suits and shirts. I find a nice silver suit with blue detailing and smirk. I look away quickly so Cato does suspect anything and pretend to be looking at the shoes.

"You find anything?" Cato asks as he flails he wallet around proudly. I laugh at him and nod but I don't explain. I pull him out and we race home, which is about 3 miles away. I win, of course, and he follows behind slowly.

"You need to shower again" I say jokingly as we walk in the house. He rolls his eyes but walks up to the bathroom hastily. I sit on the couch and wait. That gets too boring to I decide to make us a snack before dinner. I start the oven to put the roast in but make us some fresh vegetables and lemonade.

"Clove? Come get your dog!" I hear my mom yell outside. I rush to the door and she smiles awkwardly. She hands me Dagger's leash and sighs. "I'm guessing you saw" she says hinting to the Capitol Games. I nod and gesture for her to come in to talk.

"You okay?" I ask carefully. She shakes her head and goes pale. I hug her from the side and we sit on the couch. I smile encouragingly and she returns it gratefully.

"I don't think I can stay married to him anymore" she says bitterly and I agree "he just killed Martiall, and he was proud of it. When he gets back I'm filing for divorce" I hold her tightly and tell her that I'm proud of her.

"Clove, I can't find my blue boxers-" Cato says and stops himself from the top of the stairs. I smile awkwardly and gesture to the laundry hamper at the end of the steps. He nods and leaves awkwardly.

"Are we going to have a funeral" I ask sadly and she shrugs. "I feel like it's almost wrong to bury him, because there's no where good to bury him. There's no where that means anything to him" I say lowly. She nods and stands up slowly. She heads to the door and I walk her down to her house, across the street and to the right three.

I walk back and see Cato at the door, an obvious look of concern on his face. I smile and run to hug him.

"What time is it?" he asks like a complaining little kid and I shrug "Is dinner almost ready? It smells so good" he exclaims excitedly. I nod and we walk to the kitchen where I pull out the roast. We eat in silence and I think I ended up falling asleep on the couch because when I wake up I'm in the bed room.