(18. We've got a bomb)

*Inspired by Chicago PD S3 Ep 7 A Dead Kid, A Notebook and A Lot of Maybes

I walked into the office this morning after going to grab a cup of coffee. Jay had stayed late last night so he didn't stay at my apartment. I decided to grab everyone a cup of coffee so as I arrived at the last steps I showed everyone what I brought.

"Morning, anyone care for a tasty and freshly brewed cup of coffee?" I lifted up the carton where I was holding all the coffees.

"You're a saint!" Antonio quickly approached me giving me a kiss on the cheek before grabbing a cup of coffee.

I offered Mouse one and he took it and Adam, Kev, and Erin came right up to grab theirs. I passed Alvin his and then set Jay's coffee down on his desk before giving him a quick kiss.

I then made my way to Hank's office. "Morning, I brought you a cup of coffee Sarge," I told him entering his office and setting it down.

"Thanks, Honey. Tell everyone to set up, we're heading out. Possible school shooting at Webster country day." He told me getting up and grabbing his coat.

"Copy that." I quickly answered him heading out to let everyone know we had to go.

Jay and I got into our car and drove to the school. "Hey listen, bad timing but we've been dating for what? like a little over 3 months now, and we've never been on a proper date." I pointed out to Jay.

"Mhm, you're right." Jay thought about it. "Hey, D'you wanna go out on a date with me tonight?" He asked me.

I laughed. "I'd love to, dress nicely okay," I told him and he nodded and smirked.

We'd arrived at the school all students and teachers were being evacuated and uniformed officers were doing a sweep of the school for any signs of Colin Blake, the missing student, possible attacker.

We were outside waiting for any updates and keeping a close eye when Erin came through on the radio. "Back of the school, body." That was all she said and everyone made their way there.

The body was Colin's and there was a backpack next to him. I approached the body to check for body temperature.

"It's cold, he's been here a while," I told everyone.

Jay had also approached to analyze the scene. "He's still holding onto the gun, there's a muzzle flash on the entry wound, look's like a suicide." He pointed out.

Antonio then went on to make his own observations. Meanwhile, Erin was checking the backpack found close to the body.

"Guys nobody move." We heard her say. Everyone turned to see an explosive inside the bag. "Don't key your radios, just back up slowly." She said getting up. "We got a bomb."

I was standing behind Jay but he reached back for me and once he had made contact with me he began walking backwards making sure I was behind him at all times.

_____

The bomb squad was called and they were able to defuse the bomb but now we were put in charge of interviewing both students and teachers to try to figure out if there was more behind this case than thought initially.

During our search for him, Kim and Sean had made another discovery that showed Coach Sanders could be possibly related to this case. Soon enough it started becoming clearer to everyone that Ethan and Colin were very likely not trying to go after their bullies but their abuser instead.