Once we're finished eating and one of the teachers is done briefing us on what we're supposed to do, I faced Yeona on our way out of the dining hall.

"You're coming with us to sketch, right?"

Seungmin looked at her expectantly. We already cleared the thing about him being mad at us. He was just sulking about not knowing what's going on with Huijun. He confessed to me earlier that he's angry at him because of what he did to me. But since I was trying to convince him the whole time to give Huijun another chance, he's trying to understand now. I wish I could tell him everything.

"I don't want to be stuck with people I can't even try to talk to." Yeona said. "You guys are better company even though Minjae is annoying."

"You can say that all you want but I don't think you think he's annoying anymore," Seungmin said. "I mean you did spent a lot of time together last night."

"You're becoming more annoying than him now, you know that?"

"Oh, so you like him now?"

"How did that...?" She just sighed, her cheeks a little flushed.

"Geez, stop acting like you're guilty. People might take it the wrong way." He laughed, then side-eyed me.

Yeona opened her mouth to say another retort but she ended up turning to me with raised eyebrows. "You might as well help me here."

I smiled. "I don't know. I might take it the wrong way."

She groaned and sprinted past us to the beach. "You guys are impossible to reason with."

We picked the coolest spot under a large coastal tree with our drawing materials. Yeona sat on a rock while Seungmin settled himself on the sand. They both flipped their sketchbooks open as I sat beside Yeona. She took a glance at me but didn't pay much attention.

We were quiet for quite some time and I'm already done with half of my outline strokes when I saw that Yeona's paper is still spotlessly clean.

"Still don't know what to draw?"

She almost jumped as I interrupted her from her thoughts. "Oh. Yeah."

On normal days, she would've lied and act as if everything's okay.

"Just draw whatever you want," I said. "Don't worry about the colors that you'll use later on. You can't possibly plan everything ahead of time. Besides, the sketch is only for this afternoon's activity. You can still change it if you find something more interesting."

She sighed but there was a hint of a smile on her face. "I don't know. It's quite hard to pick which area is the most interesting one to draw."

"Sorry. If you're looking for the most interesting one, I think you should pick something else. I already got it." I gestured proudly to my unfinished work which still mostly looks like some random grids.

"I don't think you can finish something that complicated on time."

"Is that a challenge?"

But she kinda has a point. Painting a bird's eye view of a small town with walls full of colors, and overlooking the breathtaking ocean on top of that, requires a lot of time. We've only been given a week to finish this project.

She shook her head. "No. No, we're not challenging on anything."

"You just said I can't finish it on time. That's really offensive. So if I can prove to you otherwise, you have to give me a prize."

"No, I'm not doing this with you."

"Come on. I'll do whatever you want if you're right."

She shifted on her seat. I have no idea why I'm pushing this. "You'll finish it anyway because it's a requirement."