Another Day has started and now Chuseok has finally come! Today, September 21st marks the 15th Day of August of the lunar calendar!
As this is a special Day we want to announce another FlashFic Contest!!!
This time, your given prompt is connected to Chuseok.
Write a FlashFic Story about how you would imagine your Favs spending Chuseok together. You can either decide between writing about three Day Holiday or Chuseok Day alone. That's completely up to you!
1. Your submitted work must be written within the Wattpad Content Guidelines.
2. Deadline will be on September 27th 11:59pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
3. For this contest we only accept entries that are written in English.
4. The Story can be part of an existing collection of stories on your profile or be written as a standalone.
5. Your entry must be written specifically for this contest, so it must be newly published.
6. Your prompt must be between 400-500 words
7. We don't accept any mature content entries.
8. You can submit as many Flash Fics as you want, but keep in mind that only one entry can win.
9. You must submit your entry until the deadline on October 4th 11:59pm EST (extended Deadline!) via the form that you can find on our official carrd website on our profile Bio.
10. LGBTQ+ stories are welcome.
11. The announcement of the winners will be on October 3rd.
Does my entry need to significantly match the lyrics or story of the song?
A. No, it doesn't. You can use the song or its own story in any way while creating your entry. Since we're only accepting stories up to 500 words, it would be hard for you to match a lot of the stories within the song perfectly.
What if my entry is over 500 words?
A. We won't disqualify entries that go 10-15 words over the wordcount, but anything over will not be judged. This is to try and keep things fair for all participants who followed the guidelines.
How do I know if you've received my entry?
A. When you fill the submission form, you will reach a confirmation page at the end that says "Thank you for submitting to our BTS Chuseok Flash Fiction Contest! Good luck!" This means you have sent in your entry.
Will I be contacted if I lose?
A. No, to avoid Wattpad thinking we're spamming everyone, we are only sending messages to our contest winners at the end of our event.
Can I submit as many entries as I want?
A. Yes, you can! You are allowed to write as many entries as you want using any and all the songs given at your disposal. While you can submit as many entries as you want, you can only win for one entry at a time.
What do you look for in winning entries?
— Spelling, grammar, and punctuation
— Interpretation of the prompt
— Engagement/Reader Enjoyment
1. An exclusive Interview with the first place winner.
2. Shoutouts on the BTS - Community Profile
3. The Winner will receive Stickers.
4. Bragging rights
Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.