2: Origin Pt. 2

I took out my phone, and texted Norman about my new idea. He texted me back surprisingly quickly honestly.

"Hey Mr. Osborn, I have an idea I think you'll really enjoy. Text me back when you're ready to hear it."

"I'll do you one better Y/n, I'll come down and talk to you about it right now."

"Really? If that won't take too much of your time sir."

"Not at all. Be there in a minute."

After that I turned off my phone, and returned my attention to the computer. I kept watching, seeing what info I could gather on the gator's rate of regrowth and other things on the topic.

The door opened, and I paused the documentary. I spun around in the chair, and faced Norman, who was grinning.

"Alright Y/n, what's your grand idea?" He asked.

"Well, I was watching this documentary to help me distract myself for a bit, and it helped remind me that lizards can regrow limbs, and even alligators can too in some cases. I want to try and find a way to use them to find a way to help people regrow limbs." I said.

"That's a great idea! Do you have any ideas on how to get that done?" He asked.

"There's only one way, unless you can convince Tony Stark or the Wakandans to give us some nanomachines." I said.

"That's definitely not happening." Osborm remarked with a chuckle.

"Then I'm going to need several different species of lizards and hopefully a gator, some equipment to study and rearrange DNA, and several coffees." I said.

"I'll have it all here within three days." Osborn said.

_________________________________________

Two days later

_________________________________________

I walked into Oscorp, and was immediately greeted by several people like usual. Man, the people who work here must be really kind, or getting paid extra to be nice to me. I grabbed a coffee and went into the elevator, going to the sixth floor, where my lab resides.

The elevator opened, and I spit my coffee out at the sight before me. New equipment laid out on a table sitting across from various cages containing lizards, and two giant enclosures with gators inside. I set my mug down, and dashed over to the gator enclosure.

I pressed my hand and face against the glass, and looked at the creatures in amazement. Mr. Osborn wasn't joking when he said less than three days. I backed away and took a deep breath.

"Alright Y/n, we gotta get started now. All the hard stuff has been done for you. For example tech that allows DNA to be rearranged has already been made, and as such all you have to do is investigate what makes them regenerate and make it possible to have that happen in a human."

I took a deep breath, and walked over to the first container. Thankfully Mr. Osborn labelled the cages with their exact species. There's hundreds of each lizard in every cage! I need to find a lizard to be my control, can't let myself get distracted.

I put on a rubber glove with my teeth, and opened the cage. I grabbed the first lizard, before closing it with my elbow. I looked the little guy over, and sat down in front of a machine that is has a sticky note on it that says 'use this to take blood samples'.

I took a blood sample from the lizard who I've named Connie the control variable. I put a tag on Connie and placed her back in the cage, before looking over the blood sample.