Forbidden fruit

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝  something desired that cannot be had ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"He's not at home."

Lies.

What the hell did that guy bribe his grandfather with to make him lie to me? Because as far as I knew, he wouldn't even bother opening the door himself when Emma and Mikey weren't home, let alone explaining their absence to me.

I didn't have the balls to call him out on this— it was a miracle in itself that my legs weren't shaking at the sight of his aloof expression. I knew perfectly well that Mikey was inside, as I could hear Nicki Minaj blasting from within and it sure as hell was not something his old man would shake his ass to.

"That's... that's okay. Can you ask him to... um, call me when he comes back? It's important. It's, I.. need his help- I'm... volunteering in a cat shelter and he kinda knows how to handle them and-"

His face broke into a wide smile, genuine enough to somewhat relax me. "Sure, sure. I'll let him know you stopped by. Where will you be? I will send him there instead."

Uh. Wait.

What was I supposed to say to this? There was no need for anyone to come over, I was not the same person I was ten minutes ago. I'd rather just use the excuse that Mikey wasn't home to explain the sudden wave of cowardice that hit me. I wouldn't— couldn't —talk to him

My inner self was a chaotic mess.

"That's not necessary! I just came here because he wasn't answering his calls, he doesn't have to particularly meet me or anything, it's fine-"

"We'll be at Matsuno's pet shop, gramps!"

No. Go back inside.

My head turned to face the blond behind us, hands in the pockets of his yellow pants. I pitied Hina, I'd be hella embarrassed if my boyfriend came out wearing this.

"Oh, when did you get here, Mitchy?"

The unusually sweet tone of my voice, along with the newfound nickname I called him by, made the boy shiver slightly. I left him in the car for a reason.

"Okay, okay, that's nice."

That was our cue to go back. Never in my life had I been in such a state of turmoil, as I was absolutely clueless about what I wanted. I wanted to see him, like, really wanted to see him— especially after his... apology. But I wasn't brave enough to look him in the eye, let alone speak to him. The momentary courage I experienced back in the hospital after I heard the recording... it all evaporated the very next day.

I couldn't get ahold of him, sadly. If I would have, I'd have at least said something in the heat of the moment.

Why am I like this....

"Uh... uh..."

"I don't know what to say to him." I sighed, interrupting Takemichi's terrified trails of 'uhs'.

"...Oh. You're... not... mad at me?"

"No. But you did piss me off by intervening because I was trying not to make it obvious that I was desperate to see that annoying twink's face."

"I was actually standing there for quite a while, just in case you backed off like the little piss baby you are. And you did."

"Oh, you're the one to talk. I remember when you faked having explosive diarrhea because you fought with Hina and didn't have the balls to face her in school."