1: Expect the Unexpected

Must read before continuing.

TRIGGER(S) WARNING:

The following book/s will contain triggers some readers may wish to avoid. By reading you agree to acknowledge these terms and take responsibility for your own mental state.

This book is completely fictional, it in no way represents BigHit or Bangtan. Written for entertainment purposes only.

Co Written and edited by PolariTae.

SeVen Uncaged Copyright 2021 Missing_Min_MeowMeow & PolariTae

_______

Hybrid: Noun; Homo Animalium - A genetically modified species that were created when the DNA of animals were crossed with that of humans in the midst of pathological research.

"Looking for the perfect hybrid to share those lonely nights with? Look no furth—"

You rolled your eyes, glancing away from the cheesey commercial before taking a more aggressive crunch out of your cereal than necessary. You hated when this particular advertisement would come on, and it was even worse when it happened in the mornings. Not because you hated hybrids, but because you mistrusted the business itself. The typical, 'adopt, don't shop,' being their usual slogan thrown around which was only used to make the big wigs look better to the public eye.

The gigantic corporation, K.E.Y Industries, loved to lie to the consumer about never putting any of their hybrids down, always finding a match for each and every one of their companions, and yet what happens behind closed doors is best left unspoken.

Technically, it was all word of mouth with no real evidence to suggest the rumors—and your hunch—were at all accurate, of course.

However, if the rumors were in fact true, most of their hybrids were actually from mills and the high price adoption fee pays to make sure that the average kind-hearted person is never-the-wiser and the books go on overlooked.

A few months ago, your best friend Milly had gotten a job at the massive branch in your city, her love of animals and hybrids alike fueling the decision and drive to fight tooth-and-nail through other eligible employees to land her dream job.

Or at least, that was the story.

Ever since doing a class report on the global corporation and their alleged unethical behaviors, Milly became passionate on the subject, making it her life's goal to help hybrids and research K.E.Y. You, on the other hand, took a different approach. Instead of going the freelance philanthropist route, you carried on with your degree in journalistic writing and joined a decent magazine, keeping an eye on the infamous company.

Despite the rumors, their record remained squeaky clean for years, any talk or coverage on the matter being washed from articles long before any credible research could be done. After that, Milly took the plunge and made the decision that you knew she dreaded, and joined the company.

Even after four months of her working there, no red flags could be found, driving you both insane and making you question whether there was even anything there. But as the saying goes; where there is smoke, there's fire.

Your eyes rolled again at the commercial, tuning out the overly cheerful actress as she carried on towards the end, giving the location of their facility and the operating hours. That same commercial has played so much, you could practically recite it word for word.