I Know I'm A Model, So What?!

I'd like to nominate the "Speediest Response Award" to an amazing fan, Jammers12. This prolouge is dedicated to her because she (singlehandedly) chose the name for the main character in this story. Thank you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prolouge

My name is Quinn Brooks & I am seventeen years old. It seems that all good stories start in the middle of nothing; the main character's life is fine then BAM, something happens and thus begins the launch of the story. My story is different, much different. My story starts in the middle of absolute and utter chaos.

Flash!

"Quinn, Quinn!! Over here!" Lights go off in my face multiple times and I struggle to not bring my silk-soft hands up to my face and rub my eyes. But I can't because then my flawless makeup would be ruined, I would end up looking like a zombie with makeup smeared on my face, and then my mother would yell at me because pictures would be taken and would end up in every magazine stand by tomorrow morning.

So I stand there, smiling, posing, and waving. I am surrounded by hundreds of people with cameras going off and questions thrown at me faster than I can answer them.

"Sweetie, time to go." my mother says, grabbing my elbow and steering me towards the idle limousine waiting for us.

She shoves me in and sits next to me, slamming the door.

"Sam step on it!" she yells at the driver.

Sam throws the car into drive and we escape from the mob of people on the street, making our way to the freeway. I sigh and pull out my rhinestone compact mirror from my adorable blue Coach Bag and inspect my face.

I have a heart-shaped face with perfect green eyes. My eyes are lined with black eyeliner to make my eyes pop. My hair, which is a vibrant red-brown, flows perfectly curled to my shoulders. My naturally perfect lips are a light pink, and I add some rose-colored lipstick to give it more color.

"Sweetie, we're going to meet the CEO of Juicy Couture to discuss a new business idea for you. I can't remember her name, she was really rude. Make sure to wear one of Juicy's perfumes, okay? You have to show them that you are perfect for their product." my mother told me while making a schedule on her Blackberry.

"Fine." I said.

"Hmm, let's see....Ah yes! Burberry tomorrow, Gucci on Tuesday, then Prada.........." my mother murmured to herself, not even listening to me. She always expects me to listen to her but when I want her to listen to me, well.....that's a different story.

I sigh and stare out the window, watching the city go by.

My mother is the only person in the entire world that ignores me. Everyone else hangs upon my every word. I am, after all, a model.

You have probably, no, wait. Scratch that. You have definitely seen me on the covers of Seventeen, US Weekly, OK!, Teen Insider, Parade, CosmoGirl, and many, many more. I am the most known and sought-after model in the nation. I'm basically at the top of the world.

I do about 10 shows, 15 photo-shoots, and 5 promotionals a month. At the same time. My only breaks are when I sleep, when we're traveling to or from a show, shoot, or promotional, and the entire month of December. Last year I bought a house in LA, and that is where I spend my holiday.

I can be bitchy a lot, stubborn, and sometimes really annoying. I always get what I want, and I don't take no for an answer. I don't have what you would call "friends," I just have associates, and my staff. When you're at the top of the world, who needs friends?!

Life is definitely a party, and I'm living it!!! This is my story.