THE BEGINNING.

MARCH 2021

"Athena! Athena!" The small group of reporters screamed at the young woman once she stepped out of the truck.
Athena groaned and reached for her best friend's arm, linking it with hers. "I don't know why I let you talk me into coming out."

"Girl yo ass needed to get out the house." Nyla rolled her eyes, "You haven't had fun in forever."

Forever was a stretch but Athena couldn't deny the fact she's holed herself up in her own bubble. If you weren't in her close inner circle, you didn't see or hear her.

She let out a sigh as they entered the club, the security letting them in with no hesitation. "I'm only staying for an hour, I don't wanna be here that long."

"Sure." Nyla merely nodded her head, not really paying attention to Athena's words.

Athena looked around the club, trying to spot their group of friends, itching to find them so she could get even the smallest drop of liquor in her system.

"Thena!" A familiar voice caught her attention, the voice belonging to her good friend Megan.

"Come here." She practically squealed, throwing her arms around Athena and Nyla. "I missed you guys."

Athena smiled at her friend's affection, "Aw I missed you too babe."

"I can't believe you got her to come out Ny."

"Shit, I practically had to drag her out." Nyla softly mushed Athena's head.

Athena just rolled her eyes at the dramatics, there was a small debate about to tonight but that was it. "Are y'all going to talk about me all night or are yall gonna get me drunk?"

Her words caused the other two women to laugh.

Megan nodded her head to the section she had and lead them over. "Look who I found." She smiled at the group of people in the section.

Everyone's eyes landed on the three of them and cheering. Though Athena didn't know all of them, she did greet them before moving to take a seat by Normani.

"I haven't seen you in forever." She gushed and threw her arms around her good friend. "Maybe if you came out more often, you would." She lightly teased Athena.

Athena just playfully rolled her eyes, she felt as though everyone was just being dramatic. She really wasn't isolating herself like they said she was... At least she didn't think so.

"Look I'm here now, that's all that matters. Y'all need to be worried about pouring me a shot."

Just in the nick of time, Megan came with her infamous bottle of D'usse. "Open wide."

Athena immediately shook her head no. "Uhuh, give me something else." She hated dark liquor, hell she honestly hated all liquor.

"Don't be a pussy." Nyla chimed in, she leaned forward as she rolled a wood on the club's table.

Athena lightly scoffed, was this peer pressure? It felt like it. Grudgingly she tilted her head back and opened her mouth, a flash of light being put in her face and Megan's screams being all she heard as the liquor was poured down her throat.

She took the shot like a pro though, even if it left a bad taste in her mouth.

"You gone hit this and you gone have a good night for sure." Nyla nodded toward the wood, "Your goal tonight is to get fucked."

"Fucked up? Or fucked?" Be cause there was definitely a difference and she wasn't really trying to get fucked at the moment.

"Why not both?"