Chapter 37

Astrid's pov.

"No, I'm not"  are the last words written in my  diary.

It's been 6 years since the Hale fire, I'm 27 years old now. I currently work with my brother at the FBI station. I have a day off since I was apparently 'in shock at home' because some newbie almost shot me. I didn't find much to do so I decided to read my old diary. Oh, anyways, here's what happened in the last few years. After the fire, Laura and Derek moved away, Cora was nowhere to be found so I assumed that she was dead since nobody saw her since then. Talia somehow left me her alpha rank, I am now an alpha, and I actually have my own pack. You remember Jem and Ray. Well Jem's family died in the fire too, they were in visit and Jem was too bored to go. Ray was already an omega so she was more than happy to be part of my pack and now it's the tree of us. Deucalion's best friend was apparently my biological dad, but my dad died in a fight protecting him from Gerard some years ago. Deucalion promised him to keep an eye on me and for the sake of their old friendship, he even let me lead my own pack without forcing me to be part of his. It's me, a hybrid, Jem, a werecoyote, and Ray, a werewolf. Not quite the perfect image of a pack but it works for us.

By the way, Talia's claws were really useful too. I found out a lot of things actually. I couldn't turn anyone into a werewolf because I was half banshee and that would only cause agonizing pain and death to the person i would want to turn. The chances of someone to do not die from the bite were under 0.001% so I didn't even want to take that in consideration. Anyways... Did you know that Peter has a daughter? I know, shocker, well actually not since Peter is or was the biggest fuckboy to ever live in this town. I've watched his daughter too, her name is Malia but unfortunately she's gone wild. Yeah, she was that baby coyote from 6 years ago. I've grown quite a friendship with her. She started growling at me when I wanted to help her win her humanity back but all I could do was to be patient about her. She hadn't been growling at me when I am in my human form from 4 years ago actually, that's when I kinda stopped trying to force her to turn back to human so I guess that's fine. Moving on the claws... From what I heard, I had Talia's claws from her left hand and the ones from her right one were in a cylindrical wooden box with the Hale family symbol, the triskelion. They were found after the fire by Laura who went to pick up anything that could have been saved.

Anyways, I've been trying to keep an eye on Derek and Laura, call me a stalker. I've kept my promise and every day after work I run to Beacon Hills and I check the woods and the house, or at least what's left of it. I got recently a new scent in the forest, a faint one, familiar but still not. I've visited Peter everyday. I was always in my wolf form but I always saw him from the window of his hospital room. He was barely trim but I couldn't do much about that.

I am now sitting on my sofa, with my old diary in my hands. Damn, so much have changed. I hear my phone buzzing. Kali<3

"Kali"

"Hi As, how are you doing tonight?"

"Fine actually, I was thinking about going for a walk, why are you asking?"

"Oh, you're boring, I wanted to to my pedicure and I needed some help" I slowly laugh at her comment."Well I might not have time for it right now..." I hear her giggle."I'm going to get railed" she said again with a giggle "byeeeee Astrid" I hear Ernis and the call ends.

'Fuckers' I laugh to myself. I'm pretty used to their relationship by now. Duc doesn't really approve it but he still doesn't say anything about is so I guess lucky them, right? I was in my thoughts when I suddenly feel a strange pain in my head. I know that pain, I felt it 6 years ago... I leave the house as quick as I can and I shift into my wolf form. I am running from forest to forest and I nearly get hit by a car when I cross the street. It is already dark so it's quite hard to see a fucking white wolf running on the street, you know? Uh, I guess I'm the cause of Stiles's sarcasm. Woopsy. Anyways, I am running and I'm not far from the Hale house when I catch a scent, a familiar one. Laura. But something is wrong. The pain in my head is suddenly more powerful. No, no, no, no, this can't be happening.

"LAURA!" I yell when I shift back.

"Here!" she yelled from behind me. I step back and I grab her hand "How did you know?"

"Thanks god you're fine, I felt it, now come on, we're leaving" I say and I want to pull her with me but suddenly she flashes her eyes red and she lets out a loud growl. "Laura no" I try to grab her arm again but she pulls away. "I said no" I growl at her flashing blood red eyes at her that were visibly darker than hers.

"You're an -"

"Yeah, now let's go" I say and I grab her hand leaving the forest. "Fucking hell, what were you thinking?" I ask her pissed.

"Well I'm an alpha, you are one too, we could have taken it down"she said grumpy.

"Not the moment" I say and I sigh"Laura, you know about me being both a werewolf and a banshee, right?"

"Yeah, what about it?" she asks still kinda pissed.

"Well the day of the fire... I felt an intense sting in my head, that's why I was there in the moment it happened, 15 minutes after the pain, the house lit up. Today..."

"You felt the same pain... That's why you came, isn't it? I was going to..." she hesitates to continue.

"Die..."