Guilt

THIRD PERSON POV

To say that Joshua was guilty was an understatement. He had a conflict going between his mind and his heart. His heart told that you were different, you could be trusted and you would never use him to make someone jealous. But his brain told him that he didn't know you for that long to trust you.

It had been two weeks since Joshua had the talk with you. He realised that it was too dumb of him to believe anybody without knowing the truth. He wanted to apologise to you sincerely. But he couldn't. Every time he tried to talk to you, you would ignore him or give quick short replies. And also, he saw that you and Jake were actually pretty close.

He did not want to assume things, but it was weird how Jake knew your favourite ice cream flavour, knew that you liked spicy food, math was your favourite subject and you loved BTS. He wanted to be friends with you, get to know you, but not like this, he wanted to hear it all from you.

He felt slight irritation when he saw you with Jake, he wanted to be there instead. Was it jealousy? But he wasn't even close to you, he met you just a month ago. Did he have a crush on you? At last, he decided to man up and apologize and also ask you to be friends.