What A Pain Feels Like

The chaos of your train of thought continued even once you returned from Australia

Eversince you begun the relationship with Jake, you had strangely began to look forward to work again. Even if you had to deal with a lot of irritating complaints from the faculty members upon hearing you spend a vacation with one of their students, you didn't mind because it kept you busy.

It stopped you thinking of Jake. Maybe that was why you hated the thought of leaving Australia?

Being back home reminds you that everything would return to normal.

It was definitely why you hated the night time because it was in the dark of the night you couldn't fight it anymore. You were confronted with things that you would rather forget and the heartbreak of it all was enough to drive even a far stronger person to tears.

What chance did you possibly stand against love?

Stumbling from your bed, you forced yourself to your feet and simply tiptoe your feet around a sleeping Heeseung on your way out the door. You hesitated in leaving the dorm but you knew there was little else you could do; you couldn't get any peace inside.

Unsurprisingly, when you reached the grounds, the entire premises of the Academy was plunged in darkness. It was almost 2 am, so every living soul is sleeping in their beds now.

You cast a hesitant glance at the dorm before you wiped your cheeks to remove the final trail of tears even as you knew it would do nothing to hide just how red your eyes were.

And sure enough, it didn't prepare you in the walk to see Sunghoon was there by the garden, sitting on a bench alone.

His eyes when they settled on your face, widened in surprise even as a relieved smile graced his face because you weren't some ghost as he thought. Once he got a good look at your face, his smile faded.

"Are you okay?", he asked softly and despite all your pride, that was what it took to break you.

The same question that didn't fail, not even once, to make someone cry far more worse.

With tears rushing down from your face, you hurried over to cover it to hide him from his sight and hating the way he was seeing you this weak, but it wasn't enough.

Just like that, Sunghoon is rushing towards you, his arms outstretched in an embrace. But he caught himself just short of actually holding you, likely thinking that you were going to resist as always.

Instead, you were the one to turn in his waiting arms. Sunghoon is quick to embrace you and cradled you against his chest, making soft shushing noises as you tried not to sob.

"I'm sorry", you started, hiccuping slightly against your chest.

"Don't be", Sunghoon said instantly, a single hand coming up to brush your tears away.