Meet the Judges

Get to know the judging panel for Wattpad India Awards 2021

Dexter Ong - Head of International Strategy for Wattpad WEBTOON Studios

As Head of International Strategy for Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Dexter leads the Studio's expansion in international markets and languages, managing our Studio's international resources, and external business development with local, regional and global entertainment studios, publishers, producers and writers to turn Wattpad stories and WEBTOONs into film, television, print and digital projects.

Prior to joining Wattpad, Dexter was the Director of Corporate Development for 21st Century Fox in Asia. Prior to 21st Century Fox, he was with CA Media, the Asia arm of The Chernin Group in the US, where he led content development for NET TV, a free-to-air broadcaster in Indonesia. He started his career in strategy consulting at Bain & Company in Greater China and also worked for nonprofit consulting firm, The Bridgespan Group in San Francisco. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Cambridge.

Irina Pintea - Senior Creator Development Specialist

Irina is a Senior Creator Development Specialist who primarily works with writers in the English Wattpad Stars Program, supporting them throughout their writing journeys. Prior to Wattpad, Irina helped launch or grow many authors' careers as a book publicist at HarperCollins. Long ago, she interned at a Probation and Parole office, which could explain why she loves thrillers and murder mysteries so much (that and her criminology degree). She spends her free time hiking with her two dogs, Bear and River, binge-watching TV shows, and travelling as much as possible. She is based in Toronto but hails from Transylvania and may or may not be related to Dracula.

Sarah McDonald - Content Development Associate

Sarah came to Wattpad in 2019 as an intern with Studios and is now a Content Development Associate for English stories, helping deliver them for acquisition opportunities. She's always had a passion for a good story, and is a published writer herself. Now she feels more confident behind the scenes, helping writers achieve their goals! Outside of work, you can find her binging bad reality television or trying out new recipes.