No Touchie!

Aru spun around multiple times on Brynne's swivel chair, before Mini made her stop.

"Don't do that," she scolded.

Aru groaned but obediently complied.

Rudy stared at the shelves stacked with trophies and reached out to poke one, when Brynne swatted his hand away.

"Hey! No touchie! I just polished those this morning!" Brynne scowled and took a cloth and furiously rubbed off the fingerprints Rudy had left on her award.

Rudy pouted but pulled his hand away.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" Nikita asked, as she browsed through Brynne's closet.

Brynne flopped down on her bed and sighed loudly. "I have no idea."

"I have one," Aiden spoke up. Everyone swiveled their heads to his direction. Aiden was fiddling with Shadowfax, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"What is it, Wifey?" Mini asked.

Aiden flinched at the nickname, but said, "Well, we don't really have anyone that we can talk to about this. The Council is who knows where, and we can't tell our guardians anything."

"Nothing we don't already know," Aru said crossly. "Hurry up and get on with it."

Aiden stared at her, his gaze changing from sadness to concern, and finally, hurt. Aru looked away guiltily. She hadn't meant to hurt him; maybe she should have just stayed quiet.

"The prophecy says that we only have seven days, right?" Aiden continued after a short moment of silence. "And we don't know when the Council is coming back. So we should just go."

"Go where?" asked Brynne.

Sheela's head snapped up. "California?" she guessed. Aiden nodded.

"Why- oh, for Kara," Aru said, answering her own question.

"Won't we get into a lot of trouble, though?" Mini asked worriedly. "I mean, we can't just leave without telling anyone, and how would we even get there? Plus, by any chance that we do get there, what are we even gonna do?"

"We're Pandavas, Mini," Brynne said exasperatedly. "What are they gonna do to us? We just fought a huge war for them!"

"And we could just tell our families that we're going to Kara's place for vacation, so they won't insist on chaperoning." mused Nikita.

"We can go through a portal to go this 'Cali-phone'," said Rudy.

"It's 'California'," corrected Aru. "And we can talk to Kara and figure out a plan of action when we get her on board. Plus, Sheela may get some visions along the way too to help us out."

Mini opened her mouth and closed it again like a gaping fish. She sighed and massaged her temples. "Alright, fine. When do we leave?"

"Later this afternoon? We'll have time to tell our families by then too," Aiden suggested. He stood up and stretched. "We should all get packed. And um, Aru?"

"Yeah?" Aru answered, startled. Then she glared at him, remembering that she was supposed to be mad at him.

Aiden rubbed his neck nervously. "Can-can we talk?"

Aru crossed her arms and stared at the spot directly next to Aiden. "Fine, I suppose." Inside though, she felt a little happy. Maybe he would apologize to her and they would make up? Then this big, ugly fight would be over!

The rest of them watched her and Aiden interestedly like a tennis match.

Brynne clasped her hands together, the loud noise startling the rest of them. "Well! Out you all go! Get packing, people!" Brynne ushered them out of her room, and after waving good-bye to each other and Gunky and Funky, Aru and Aiden were finally alone.