ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚: 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

╔══════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ══════╗

Y/N = your name
L/N = your last name
N/N = nickname

TW:  mentions of murder

General notes: Y/N has a dad, that's pretty cool

word count: 896

╚══════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ══════╝

I lay sluggishly in my bed, feeling too lazy to get up. Nonetheless, I persevere, motivated by the soft beeps of my alarm clock. I get up, my Dad already has the radio blaring from downstairs as usual.

The radio hums with the bad news of last night. One of my classmates was viciously killed, strung up by her organs and gutted like a pig. I would be lying if I said I knew her well but it's not like she was a stranger.

I was looking forward to just spending time with my friends to just take my mind off of it. I take a breath, I didn't even know that girl that well I shouldn't dwell on it more than I need to.

I yawn, stretch and pull on some clothes. I go to the bathroom and brush my hair, tucking it behind my ears. Then make my way down to the kitchen to make a quick lunch.

I pass by my Dad, doing Dad things of course. I take some leftovers from the fridge and chuck them unceremoniously into a clean container with a madarin and put it in my school bag with the rest of my school shit.

"Leaving so soon?" I hear my Dad ask from the living room. I turn around to face him.

"Dad, it's like 8 already. If I don't leave now I'll be late." I go to leave again.

"Just be careful, please." He says, a sincere look on his face. "You heard about the murders, right?"

"I'm not going to get murdered, Dad." I reassure him. "I'm going to school not prison."

"I know, but stay safe. I worry about you, you know." He smiles sheepishly.

"I know. I'll see you later, Dad." I say, already one foot out the door..

"I love you, Y/N." He yells from the living room.

"Love you too, Dad." 

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾༓・*˚⁺‧͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚* 

I meet Tatum outside the school gates, sighing in relief at the mere sight of her. As bubbly as soda pop and blonde as ever. I flash her a smile as she walks over to me.

"Hey, Y/N!" She beams.

"Hi, Tatum!" I grin back. "How's it going?"

"Honestly, I'm totally shaken up by this whole thing." She says as we walk into the school. "I mean someone got murdered, Y/N."

"I know, but the police are looking into it." I do my best to reassure her. "Dewey'll be looking into it. Don't stress about it too much."

"It's not like some random guy got stabbed in the street, this was our classmate." She goes on. "I know I shouldn't let it get to me but this is just so-"

"Hey Y/N, hey Tatum." Sidney greets with her usual meek smile. "What are you guys talking about?" Tatum glances at me, wordlessly signalling to change the subject.

"Just regular school things, I guess." I add, half-lying for Sid's sake. "How are you?" She's been through enough with her Mum she doesn't need us going on about the murder.

"I've been okay, the usual." Sid replies. "How about you?"

"Pretty much the same." I shrug.

"Hey Sid, how's Billy?" Tatum asks. Oh god, now we're talking about Billy. Billy was Sid's boyfriend, they'd been dating so long I can't even remember when they weren't dating. 

Billy was attractive, undeniably so. I've always felt attracted to him in some way, shape or form but I wouldn't say I have a crush on him. Besides, even if I did have feelings for Billy, he was dating Sid and they seemed happy enough.

Even if I keep catching him staring at me. It's just a coincidence. I probably don't even have feelings for him. Billy's just a hot guy.

"Y/N?" I look up, Tatum's staring at me. "I asked you a question, you just sorta zoned out."

"Oh, sorry." I apologise, smiling awkwardly. "What was the question?"

"It sounds a little intrusive now," She goes on. "but are you like intrested in anyone right now?"

"Like romantically? No," I lie or maybe don't lie, it's confusing. "I mean if I guy asked me out I'd probably say yes."

"You'll find someone." Sid adds. "I'm sure there's tonnes of guys who'd jump at the chance to date you."

"Well, I don't see anyone jumping right now." I say, realising how sad it sounds only after it left my mouth. I scold myself internally. My mind can't help but wander back to Billy.

I just can't stop myself from crawling back to closeted feelings to my best friend's sloppy seconds. I mean what's not to love, right? 

Tatum's boyfriend, Stu, is always so sweet, not to mention pretty. A total golden retriever type guy. 

Sid's boyfriend, truly a sight to behold, is just gorgeous. Sure, he can be harsh but that can be intriguing or more rather a turn on.

As much as I'd love to sigh longingly and relish in the truly helpless feeling of falling in love with someone else's lover. My friend's happiness comes before mine. I couldn't live with myself if I tore Sid's or Tatum's relationship to shreds.

So, I take a breath, and persevere. Even if the murder is rocking the school hallway. Even if I'm surpressing how absolutely terrified I am that I'll be killed. Even if I have to ignore my grief. have to ignore my feelings. I have no choice but to persevere.