The Reason Why

Time. Time isn't something that you can hold in your hand. Time cannot be rewound or fast-forwarded, despite our wishes. Time can't be stopped or paused, not even for a moment. Time is a continuous cycle, something out of our control, but it felt as if time had stopped that early fall morning, when I bumped into him.

My mind was in a daze. My feet were walking without command, venerable to knock anyone not paying attention over, but that was the least of my concerns at the moment. As if to prove me wrong, I bumped into someone, full on body slam. I was shaken out of my zombie state and felt heat rise into my cheeks. I looked up to apologize, embarrassed by my lack of ability to remain in reality, but then it happened, time stopped.

I'd never expected to see him again. To tell you the truth, I had forgotten about him. He was buried in my memories, but seeing his face brought vivid thoughts of my childhood and the part of my life I had spent with him back to me.

"Gabriella," He whispered to me, making me realize how close we were to one another. I quickly took a step back, blush rising in my cheeks. "Do you remember me?" I held his gaze and started into those familiar eyes before answering.

"How could I forget," And with that I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and then ran away to hide for the rest of my life in humiliation, but that kiss was totally worth it.

Authors Note-

This is my first book on Wattpad, so I am excited to finally share this with all you guys! I realize this is a short chapter but it is nesseccery for my first one... Please don't stop reading, I promise a longer chapter next time I upload. You also might have realized I'm bad at proof reading... Sorry. Any constructive criticism is welcome because that is the only way I'll improve!! Vote+Commments= Happy Me so please make me happy if you liked the story.... A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CHECKED OUT MY STORY!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!