chapter 26; 3x21

rät- penelope scott  "i loved you, i love you, i loved you, its true"

rät- penelope scott
"i loved you, i love you, i loved you, its true"

"Do we seriously have to do this?" Luna asked as her and Rebekah walked towards the school, "I mean, we could be doing anything right now."

"Yes, we have to do this," Rebekah shoots back, an irritated expression appearing on her, "I didn't even get to show up to the dance, so this is the closest I will get to actually going." Luna sighed, understanding why she was upset.

"Okay, I get why you're here, but why am I?" Luna complained.

"Because if you weren't here, it would be just Caroline and I." Rebekah doesn't say anything else, her distaste for the girl showing through her words.

The girls entered the school and made their way to one of the many rooms covered in decorations. Luna noticed the irritated expression on her best friends face, so she spoke up, "If it makes you feel any better, the dance wasn't that good anyways."

The Original smiled at Luna's attempt to make her feel better, "I don't want to talk about my hundredth failed attempt to go to one of these dances, I want to talk about something else." She changed the subject.

Luna couldn't see the grin forming on her face as her eyes were trained on what she was doing in front of her, "Like what?" She asked, laugh slightly.

"I don't know, like what happened between you and my brother." Rebekah said nonchalantly as she walked closer to Luna.

"Why? Are you mad that something happened?" Luna questioned. Her question was harmless, but she was worried about Rebekah's opinion on this. It could've changed over ninety years.

But her worries settled at her response, "Are you kidding me? I've been rooting for you guys since day one."

Luna pointed an accusatory finger, "That's not true. You wanted me to get with Kol first, remember?"

Rebekah smiled at the reminder, "Yeah, but then you explained the whole 'meeting in the woods' thing and I switched teams." Rebekah shrugged, making Luna scoff.

"You know what happened." Luna said, looking away in embarrassment.

"I want to know how it happened." Rebekah pressed as she stood next to her.

"You know, these questions are very inappropriate." Luna stated, making Rebekah slap her arm lightly.

"You know what I mean. Come on, you used to tell me everything." She whined.

Luna groaned at her persistence, "After I left the Grill, I ran into him and he invited me over for a drink. Then, we just talked for hours."

"You two are made for each other," Rebekah mumbled quietly, but Luna caught it thanks to her supernatural hearing. Luna furrowed her eyebrows, waiting for her to elaborate, "You hated him for years but you still found your way back to each other."