Chapter 16: Rimuru vs 40.000

Battlefield.

Rimuru POV

Today, adventurers risk their lives to protect this city.

Young and old are participating in the war against the Undead.

They are all divided into 3 groups, namely Attackers, Magicians and Supporters.

I, the Heroes and Cordelia's party are at the forefront.

When the war began, the Undead army immediately separated and divided into 5 troops.

Each troop consisted of 16,000 Undead.

When they separated the troops, behind them were creatures that only A rank adventurers could fight.

Lich.

Lich is a creature that dies with regrets and cannot enter the cycle of reincarnation because of its regrets.

Their numbers made the adventurers shudder in fear and some ran away saying this was impossible.

All the adventurers didn't expect that the one behind the Undead army was 2000 Lich.

The moment the adventurers saw the army of 2000 Lich, our numbers were instantly reduced by half.

Only the top-class adventurers endured their fears.

Rimuru: “Ciel, how strong is that Lich?”

[They are only as strong as Hellwolf]

Rimuru:"what?! Isn't that dangerous for these adventurers?"

[Yes, therefore master must save them if they are in danger.]

Why should I?  Didn't they confirm the Lich's strength?  Or are they just stupid?

I don't think so, maybe they just want to protect this city with all their heart.

Just then, the Undead armies and adventurers clashed and caused the sound of sword clanking and destruction.

The Mages who had finished preparing large-scale magic fired their magic at the Undead.

I thought it was a magic attack, but it was the same as Hinata's {Holy Field} but very weak.

The Undead inside the barrier started to slow down and some of them turned to ashes due to the purification effect.

The remaining undead bounced back after the barrier disappeared and started moving to attack.

But the adventurers who were there immediately cut off their legs so they couldn't move and were easy to purify.

But there were also adventurers who failed to cut off the leg of the Undead and the adventurer was killed.

Victims have started to fall on the Adventurer's side and your number has decreased by around 100 in no time.

As for the Undead, there were still a large number of them plus the Lich who was still silent.

Did Durandall underestimate us?

I think he also underestimates humans and only attacks using the Undead.

I immediately focused my attention on the 10,000 Undead in front of me.

Beside me was Cordelia and behind me was Ryuuto who also helped.

I immediately coated my sword with holy power.

The color of the blade of my sword immediately changed after I cast holy magic.