Prologue

August 14, 2016
I will add that I wrote this story a couple years ago while I was obsessed with One Direction.  That was about the seventh through the ninth grade for me.  I am now in my last year of high school, and am working to get back on writing original things.  This story, however, is not very realistic as I look back at it.  I'm sorry if you don't like certain things! This was what my 13 year old self thought of. 

Thank you,
Kaitlyn

Prologue:

Lightning flashed across the sky, causing me to jolt back and fall against the wooden floor.  The flash had caused a fire, it's brightness causing my eyes to glow with fear.  People were running away from it, desperate to not get burned by the heated flames that were spreading hastily.  It was hard to stand, considering the wind had all the power to push me down.  You could hear screams from the other end of the boat, everyone pleading for help, and praying that they'll be safe.  The storm's power increased, rain falling down the hardest it could, fighting against the dominating flames. 

Heart beat was quickly increasing, body shaking.  I was tormented by the screeches, people jumping overboard to try and save their lives, risking the fact that they might drown.  Innocent beings were burned by the flames, their flesh turning into ash, bones black with charcoal, slowly disintegrating and disappearing.  I was constantly looking around, trying to find my parents among the large crowds that were stricken with fear.  My mind was trying to avoid the fact of them burned, or somehow injured at a stupid action by trying to save themselves. 

I jostled through the crowd, trying my hardest to find my mother and father.  It was hard to see, though.  A seven year old could barely see above all the many heads, not able to identify to who was who. Every one was so tall, of course with me being young, my disadvantage was my height. My damp hair was covering my face, causing me to see not so clearly.  I wiped my dark curls away from my eyes, and continued to look around.  Many people were wandering and running around, trying to avoid the subject of death.

There was one scream that stood out, causing me to hyperventilate.  With everyone scattered around me, it was hard to find out where, and which direction it was coming from.  I looked right, then left, but had no idea where it came from.  The high-pitch, yet mature scream was coming from right ahead.  I looked to see my mother kneeled down in front of a body.  Pools of blood were surrounding her.  At this moment, it was my time to scream.  My father had been injured roughly, his stomach split open, blood purging out from him.

I ran to my mother, staring at my father with a blank expression on my face.  My eyes were tearing up, mouth slowly turning into a sad frown.  Seeing my mother experiencing such sadness makes it all tragic.  Her happy, bubbly, and kind personality has turned to sadness, sensitivity, and anger.  My father's eyes were slightly open, slowly blinking.  His chest rose very quickly, then went back down again in a deep breath.

My mother sobbed loudly, her head buried in the crook of her husband's neck.  I could see her whispering to her lover, her tears falling onto my father's blond hair.  My hand was clinging to his hand, arm brushing against my mother's left shoulder.  Lips were trembling with sadness, soon pursing together in a thin line.  I didn't dare let anymore tears fall, only battled the droplets that were threatening to fall from my eyes.  It was hard to see both my parents with such pain, as it brings me in agony too.

My father's eyes began to droop down slowly, causing my heart beat to quicken.  I cried out for him, calling his name with my soft, little voice.  I have never thought I'd witness something as dreadful and tragic as this.  Seeing my father die, I couldn't do it anymore.

His eyes were now fully closed, his cut stopped bleeding, as all of his blood has now escaped his body.  I could see the rising of his chest gone, his face pale and dead, no expression on his face.  My mother shook her head, her lips in a sad frown.  She screamed, her breathing out of order.  Our cries were cut off by a thunderstruck, along with a crack.  We both looked to our right, seeing a small line forming down the boat quickly.  

My eyes widened, along with my mother's.  "Mum!" I screamed as the ship started to split in half. She shook her head and pushed me back.  Sliding along the wooden floor, coming in contact with another person who looked down at me in fear.  Mother didn't want to leave father, she wanted to pass away with him, but wanted to save me and let me live.

The crack finally reached both ends, the ship finally breaking into to big halves.  My side of the boat started to tilt upwards, along with the other side.  Mother and father were right on the line, seeing them fall into the cold ocean.

As the ship tilted, I slid down.  I tried desperately to grasp onto anything I can, but I couldn't.  My body was falling so quickly I didn't have much time to take a look at my surroundings.  The only thing I could hear is the short, scared screams of the people coming down with me.  The only thing I could see is blurs.  I was unable to identify whether the blurs were all people, or objects that were attached to the floor.

A big rush of pain sprung up through me.  I had hit my head on the railing that was supposed to keep me from falling out, but it had caused me harm.  In deep agony, I lifted my arm up to hold my cranium, but gasped when I felt a warm liquid being pursed out of it.  Blood.  My blood.

Everything started to blur even more, black dots were covering my vision.  I was dizzy, I felt cold. Nothing could save me at this moment, but God who was watching me suffer this disastrous shipwreck.

The last thing I felt was myself falling out from the rail, and crashing into the cold sea.  No time for screaming, as I was drowning. Not only drowning in my thoughts, but in the ocean too.

I was alone, and hurt.  My family was gone, and so was my soul.