Chapter 3: The Runaway Girl.

Sean's point of view.

"She's not answering the phone!" Silas screams. He might be the calm one, but right now, he is as devasted as all of us.
Oh, my Pookie. Where have you gone?
"I'll track her down" Victor jumps out of the chair and goes to his cumputer. He fell on that same chair after trying chasing Sang in her car. She never looked back.
Gabriel whispers some Fucking's and shit's every 0.3 seconds while running his fingers through his hair. It's messy now, and I think that he knows. And if he does and he's not doing nothing about it, it's really really bad.
Of course it is. Our pregnant and hormonal girl ran away. Because of a misunderstanding. A misunderstanding! I know how it looked like. Boy, all of us know how it looked like, but that was after she ran away. We were too blinded, too... scared.
A kid this early? Scary.
Not for Gabriel, anyway: He was cursing as soon as he saw the test because he had to buy a new wardrobe for Sang and the baby in so little time. Then he realized none of the new things he and Victor bought her might be fitting her in any future. And then it was Silas, who couldn't believe it so kept staring at the pink lines to make sure, scared they would be fading away. Lastly, there was Nate, who was stunned, scared as fuck, but proud.
But that phrase in that context... it went all wrong.
Owen is pacing back and forth, almost making a hole in the carpet. I know he blames himself. He always does, beacuse he feels responsible for each one of us. If we lose, he loses too. If we win, he does too. He has that habite of not separating us from him. Sometimes, it's good. But in times like this...
"It was not your fault" I state.
He looks at me.
"Sean" He simply says. It might mean nothing to someone else, but this is my best friend we're talking about: I know every inch, every dark corner, the same way he knows mine. I don't know what to do he says with my name. For the first time, I don't know what to do.
I put my hand in his shoulder, trying to let him know it's okay. It's not okay, but we'll get pass that when we have my Pookie home safe.
"Anything from North and Nathan?" Kota asks to a lost Luke.
He shakes his head.
Damn it. Since they went out trying to catch up with Sang, they haven't found anything.
"Call them to let us know they haven't gotten in an accident for driving too fast. Victor, anything from Sang?" Yells Owen, almost shaking.
"It seems she was at a bookstore by the track I have on her cellphone. But she's moving now. She's getting further and further into the city, in our opposite direction!" He yells from his desk across the hallway.
Luke talks to North over the phone. He looks at me and owen and shakes his head. He's afraid too. Actually, we're all afraid to death, but if there is something true in this world, is that we want that baby more than anything in this world.
My baby.
I can picture myself going home from work to a little Sang jumping at me when she sees me, waiting for me to come to give her the goodnight kiss or just to say hi. I picture myself holding her between my arms... or he. Who cares if it's a boy or a girl? I want my kid, and I want him or her and the mother now!
My phone starts ringing. With frustration, I touch the red button. I can't lead with this right now, not after knowing Sang is in the runaway with my kid! Stop calling me!
"She stopped movement!" Victor comes across the hallway to the room with his laptop in his hands, looking like some kind of crazy Einstein.
"Where is she?" Kota and Owen demand at the same time. The rest of us stand up and remind still.
Victor gives the direction and my phone starts buzzing again. While we get out of the house to the car, it rings another three times.
"I swear to you, Doc, if that phone rings again, I'm going to blow" Luke says, agitated.
"That fucking ring-ringy thing of the freaking devil. I fucking hate it. When I find Trouble she's going to be in so much fucking trouble, holy shit".
I don't even need to turn around to know it was Gabriel. I decide end up with his misery while I put my seat belt on and Owen turns the car. In the other car, there is Kota, Silas and Victor.
"What?!" I snapp at the phone.
Is doctor Robert at the other side of the line, sounding concerned. He speaks quickly, making the words twist in the phone. I make him repeat it, and when he does, I freeze.
"Sang is in the hospital! Another car crushed into her!"
The world stops in that moment.
Sang.
The baby.
"Owen!" I scream "Owen, you need to go faster!"